SS POWs in Normandy

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

SS POWs in Normandy

April 17th, 2012, 11:50 pm #1

I posted this on the other part of the website and there was little interest so I thought maybe it was the incorrect place to post this topic? Or maybe because the figs suck so bad there was no need to comment.
Here is the first pic from the British photo series that I am going with
[/IMG]
Here is what I have so far
[/IMG]
Added the fifth guy
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Here is the second group of POWs and I have the first in the row almost done
[/IMG]
I think I need to add some thickness to the inside of the right leg at the top and his neck is a little long? Taesungs' head looks good,but a little thin in the face and the hat needs tweeking? What say ye?
J

April 18th, 2012, 3:03 am #2

Hi Jerry,
Nice figure work so far,the guys really look like the photos. Yeah the guys pants do seem a little baggier in the pics and his neck and hat could do with some tweaking,but a darn fine effort overall. Will you be adding any of the wee Scots guarding these supermen to the scene? I think it would be a nice touch. Look forward to seeing more.
Regards,Bob

April 18th, 2012, 1:30 pm #3

a wee scot or two!
J

April 18th, 2012, 6:41 pm #4

Hi Jerry,
Nice figure work so far,the guys really look like the photos. Yeah the guys pants do seem a little baggier in the pics and his neck and hat could do with some tweaking,but a darn fine effort overall. Will you be adding any of the wee Scots guarding these supermen to the scene? I think it would be a nice touch. Look forward to seeing more.
Regards,Bob
I said so on the other forum but haven't looked that way in a week due to vacation. Bob has good comments. I am not a sculptor by any stretch of the imagination but I do know that these fellas do look remarkably like the real men. I am very impressed. Faces are obviously hard to do in that scale but to actually make one look like someone is a talent for sure.

Cliff

Another pow for you:

April 18th, 2012, 6:48 pm #5

heads are from Hornet and Alpine. I try to find a face that is close to what I need and then mostimes modify it by adding hair,bulk,etc.
I am not THAT good!
J

April 19th, 2012, 10:56 pm #6

looks good - I've been looking for those types of pics...

dave swann

April 19th, 2012, 11:02 pm #7

wish I could do that type of thing...

April 20th, 2012, 1:35 pm #8

I am not at my desk and all of the books are running together in my head.
J

April 20th, 2012, 7:12 pm #9

if you happen to see that it's a different book, could you email me at: swann433@yahoo.com

thanks a bunch!

dave

April 24th, 2012, 3:55 pm #10

I posted this on the other part of the website and there was little interest so I thought maybe it was the incorrect place to post this topic? Or maybe because the figs suck so bad there was no need to comment.
Here is the first pic from the British photo series that I am going with
[/IMG]
Here is what I have so far
[/IMG]
Added the fifth guy
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Here is the second group of POWs and I have the first in the row almost done
[/IMG]
I think I need to add some thickness to the inside of the right leg at the top and his neck is a little long? Taesungs' head looks good,but a little thin in the face and the hat needs tweeking? What say ye?
J
Reposed the head and added some bulk and fold detail to the first guy,still tweeking the second guy and started on the middle guy. He is what happens when you see a nice pair of boots but the legs are not complete!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Need to find a wee scotsman to guard these guys