Sprue Brothers new site

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Sprue Brothers new site

July 14th, 2012, 12:43 pm #1

I thought I'd never see the day when I would have to say this, but you young whippersnappers at Spue Brothers have made the pictures and text to small for these eyes. Scrolling down a list is unreadable too me.

jay "my eyesight fades" Ruggiero

July 14th, 2012, 2:22 pm #2

Small pictures and not user friendly .
It is also cluttered looking and confusing .
Other than that i'm sure there service and deals are the same.
Why fix something when it is not broke.

Doug Kinder
"We rock at dawn on the front line
Like a bolt right out of the blue"
AC/DC

July 14th, 2012, 4:18 pm #3

with Doug and Jay. Make it easy for us ...ahem..."older modelers". Great Models had a Great website. Easy to navigate and read. Dick

July 14th, 2012, 9:49 pm #4

I thought I'd never see the day when I would have to say this, but you young whippersnappers at Spue Brothers have made the pictures and text to small for these eyes. Scrolling down a list is unreadable too me.

Greetings
My customer feedback is: Difficult to navigate, too clutered. Why change what worked well in the past?
Scott

FS1

July 15th, 2012, 12:50 pm #5

apparently think confusing, cluttered, and not user friendly is 'High Tec'...go figure...

July 15th, 2012, 2:58 pm #6

I like it. The new search results can be filtered, which makes it easier to find what I need.

Like every change, we'll get used to it.

Hint: You can increase the font size by adjusting the settings on your browser. For example in Firefox it's View > Zoom.

July 15th, 2012, 4:02 pm #7

Easier to find things with filtering, shipping rates are competitive for shipments to Canada which were not before. I don't find it cluttered.

http://www.totalwarinscale.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Totalize on July 15th, 2012, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2012, 4:55 pm #8

I agree. I especially regret that they no longer show the number they have in stock of a particular item. That was very helpful in calculating the timing of some purchases. There's a big difference if they have 30 of a kit or are down to just one.

July 15th, 2012, 8:35 pm #9

Aside from just curiosity (like why they would have 90 of something to start with?) I really didn't care how many they had as long as they had it. Generally I buy things when I want or need it and don't put off buying something based on number available.

New site is ok. At least its a lot faster than their old site which was pokey. About the only site slower was Hobby Easy.
DAVID NICKELS

July 16th, 2012, 4:32 am #10

Crtl and + will increase the text and image size
Ctrl and - will do the opposite
Ctrl and 0 (number zero) will reset to original size

Works with every website and every web browser

For Macs replace Ctrl with the Command key.

xPLAN303Ex: The portrait of the artist I am not.
http://xplan303ex.wordpress.com