Spare Sherman tracks

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Spare Sherman tracks

March 23rd, 2011, 1:10 am #1

Hi folks!

Does any one of You have some spare Sherman tracks? Especialy these with rubber chevron ( Dragon, Trumpeter or old l&l Esci/Italeri ones ).
I've got a couple of UM M4's wich tracks are to narrow and need to be changed...

Cheers
Jakub

March 23rd, 2011, 5:44 pm #2

I think there is a need for extra Sherman tracks because not only UM Sherman track is not good (very unfortunate since it is molded in hard plastic), Dragon (too fat), Trumpeter, Mirage (too soft and rubbery), Italeri and Revell (not enough details) are all less than perfect. A perfect one would be: Enough detail and thickness like Trumpeter and molded in hard plastic. If there is duck bill extender, that would be even better. I hope people from the industry read this. Thank you.

March 23rd, 2011, 8:02 pm #3

About Dragon ones, only the ones with rubber chevron are to thick, rest is very OK, but so far most of mine M4 have T48 style tracks... The only type that I have more than I need are T49 as these are in all soviet ones and in M4A1.
Would be great to see some L&L quality M4 tracks sold separetly...

March 24th, 2011, 6:30 am #4

Hi folks!

Does any one of You have some spare Sherman tracks? Especialy these with rubber chevron ( Dragon, Trumpeter or old l&l Esci/Italeri ones ).
I've got a couple of UM M4's wich tracks are to narrow and need to be changed...

Cheers
Jakub
a very bad M-4A1/76 which just happens to come with a nice enough set of L&L track.They are the only useful item in the kit.Punch-out marks on the inside are easily removed.Should be easy enough to find.It is kit # 03102.........Dan