Spanish Leopard 2A4, 'Brunete' No1

El foro de discusión en lengua española está moderado por Miguel Jiménez Mig y cubre todos los aspectos del modelismo militar desde figuras, dioramas hasta vehículos.

Spanish Leopard 2A4, 'Brunete' No1

Lawrence Goh
Lawrence Goh

August 17th, 2003, 8:30 am #1

Hello,

I want to make armor decal for the above Spanish Mechanised Division. Spanish Leopard 2A4 in particular, I have two references (Concord, Panzer magazine) that allows me to have some views. But I need more views. I don't have enough to produce sharp looking decals on PC, and I do not want to make half-guesses. Can anyone here help me out? Are there any good images out (on the web) there I can look at?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Lawrence Goh

Carlos Sánchez Núñez
Carlos Sánchez Núñez

August 18th, 2003, 6:33 am #2

Hello,

See this link:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thr ... 1060788141

One of the answers contains some images of the spanish Leopard 2 A4.

Best regards

Carlos

Lawrence Goh
Lawrence Goh

August 18th, 2003, 8:12 am #3

Hi Carlos,

A big thank you for pointing out the images. I think now I have that red shield covered. However, I do have a few more questions, the most important one being:

1) Where can I find a close up of the red or yellow outlined shield emblem (war trumpet)? These can be found on most AFV's, Pizzaro, M113s. On Leopard 2A4ES, this emblem can be seen on the front hull top, sightly towards to left. I've seen red and yellow types. Any other colors? What does the different color represent?

2) On the Barrels, I've seen red or yellow bands, what do they represent? Different Battalions?

3) There do not seem to have any vehicle identification numbers (license plates) on any of the Leopards, is this correct? This will make my task very easy.

4) What do the yellow (I have also seen red) vertical bar on the rear turret bin signify? Does it correspond to the yellow (red on others) band on the barrel? Again, besides a vertical bar, any other shapes or patterns, and colors?

5) I've seen an interesting blue with white outlined shield on Spanish Leo2A4 on parade (picture can be found on http://www.ArmyRecognition.com. However, cannot see clearly the details within the shield. Is it a Lion, or horse? Where can I find a close-up of this as well?

6) Under the red shield, I can find initials like: RIMZ 16, 31, etc... What are the full range of numbers?

I'm the brink of starting the decal sheet very soon. As soon as I have all the necessary details, work can initiate ASAP.

After completion, I will find a good distributor in Spain. Being a modeller, do you have any good recommendations?

I am doing all this because I find the Spanish Leo2A4 the most colorful of all. Mainly because of the spanish flag on the turret right, and the proud red emblem of "Brunete" No1 (or is it Brunette?).

Do you or anyone planning to build a Leopard2A4 soon? I may require a professional decal review of which I can send a sample to.

Thank you again.

-Lawrence Goh
P/S: the red shield on Spanish Pizzaros are slightly different, but I might include it in the sheet just as well.

José Ramón López Conde
José Ramón López Conde

August 18th, 2003, 3:34 pm #4

hello!
You can find some interesting markings of spanish cavalry regiments in : http://www.caballeria.8m.com/modelismo/principal.htm

<1) Where can I find a close up of the red or yellow <outlined shield emblem (war trumpet)? These can be <found on most AFV's, Pizzaro, M113s. On Leopard <2A4ES, this emblem can be seen on the front hull top, <sightly towards to left. I've seen red and yellow <types. Any other colors? What does the different <color represent?

A spanish maker (Nimix) have some of these decals The color makes no difference...sometimes yellow, sometimes blue...

<2) On the Barrels, I've seen red or yellow bands, <what do they represent? Different Battalions?

Sometimes mean different squadrons on the same company

<4) What do the yellow (I have also seen red) vertical <bar on the rear turret bin signify? Does it <correspond to the yellow (red on others) band on the <barrel? Again, besides a vertical bar, any other <shapes or patterns, and colors?

Yes is a squadron identifier

<6) Under the red shield, I can find initials like: <RIMZ 16, 31, etc... What are the full range of <numbers?

RIMZ:Infantry Mechanized Regiment...you can see numerals range in the web I told you above.

<"Brunete" No1 (or is it Brunette?).
Brunete...the biggest tank battle in the Spanish Civil War

If you have more question, I recommend a spanish web forum : Panzernet. The link : http://www.panzernet.com/foro/list.ats?f=1

regards!

JR

August 18th, 2003, 8:50 pm #5

Un saludo.
Pedro Miguel Paniagua.
awueloforever@hotmail.com

Lawrence Goh
Lawrence Goh

August 19th, 2003, 10:27 am #6

Thank you all VERY Much! I have all I needed to start working! I will post a sample here if possible when it's done. You guys are very helpful indeed - all of you who replied to my requests!

If you want to ask me anything about anything, feel free to e-mail me offline.

Thanks again, I am overwhelmed by the help you guys have been giving me.

Cheers!

-Larry

Lawrence Goh
Lawrence Goh

August 29th, 2003, 8:42 am #7

Un saludo.
Pedro Miguel Paniagua.
awueloforever@hotmail.com

http://www.ejercito.mde.es/organizacion ... alidad.htm

Vehicle number 212's name is wrong on the website, as you can see in your photos: "DIEGO DE SANTACRUZ".

What is the meaning of "POBLACION" ?

Mucha Gracias,

-Larry

Enrique Fernández
Enrique Fernández

August 29th, 2003, 12:01 pm #8

Hi!

Traslation of "poblacion" = city/town/village

Regards.

Lawrence Goh
Lawrence Goh

August 29th, 2003, 2:02 pm #9

Thanks for a short lesson in Spanish diction.

Does that mean the tanks belong/situated in each listed town/city/village? I don't quite understand the purpose of that column. The first one is tank number, second refers to the names for each tank, I don't know how city/town fit into the picture.

Is it marked any where on the tank itself?

Mucha Gracias!

-Larry

Enrique Fernández
Enrique Fernández

August 29th, 2003, 2:09 pm #10

The name of each tank is the name of one spanish conqueror in America. The "poblacion" is the place of birth of the conqueror in left column...

I hope to help you.

Kinds Regards.