SPA9000-C with Autocannone da 102/35 1/35 Crielmodel

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

SPA9000-C with Autocannone da 102/35 1/35 Crielmodel

June 30th, 2004, 3:27 pm #1

Dear friends,i was one of the modellers who "fall in love" by the SPA9000/Autocannone and have acomplished this nice project from Crielmodel.Unfortunally,after finishing my model,a few days later, Crielmodel publish a catalogue from Massimo Bartoli about the SPA9000.
I had a lot of dificulties to get some photo-pespectives of the SPA9000,essencially because there is some details that you dont find into the Criel kit,(not much but..),and you need to get some information about.
One of this details are the pair of Chains in both side of the car,to hold in position,the parallel bars.I believe this one are the most important detail and characterist of the SPA9000.Another detail that you must correct is the Horn,because Criel didn´t complete the correct shape.

To the interested modellers in the W.W.1 SPA9000,i believe this catalogue nº6 published by Crielmodel-by Massimo Bartoli will be a great help.

Apart of the other SPA9000 photos,well known in this Forum also,i have 2 more "hard-to-get" perspectives, founded in the Italian Net:

I´d like to share this photos from my SPA9000.I finished my model 2 month ago.I painted my model with Enamel colours and oils. I used Matt W.W.1 green Humbrol-108,airbrushed over the primer-grey with a layer of Tamiya steel-grey.
After,i gave the brownish hold green tons with oils,using several ton colours like: Raw-umber,asphalt,sepia,green-umber.

This photo show the front-lights with the lamps on. With a small "dremel" a made the opticals,and used transparent plastic,polished with lamps form.

This photo shows the under-side in preparation.The first layer applied was Metal-grey,followed by a transparent black wash,well diluted and airbrushed.It´s like a pre-wash ton,to receive the Magic-mettalic steel acrilic.
The Magic-Steel colour(from Ceramichrome),and Quick rust auburn,can be used to simulate the real rust,and i can get the same oxidizing process,like the nature do.
If you want the orange rust(recent rust),mix quick auburn,if you want red-brown rust(older rust),just use Magic-metallic steel,without mixing theme,and let it dry. You can get other weathering effects with this acrilics also.
After this,i airbrushed wheathering-mud-(pactra) and scenic track-colour 173-Humbrol over the Magic-steel to create some texture,like dry-mud and sand particules into the chassis.

In this photo you can see the "completed horn",moulded with Tamiya epoxie fast-dry.The best epoxie to be used in military-vehicles.You can see the chains into the correct position.You must link theme to the Parallel-bars in both side,but in this photo i had to cut 2 more "chain-rings" because they are too large.You must let theme stretched.

This photos represent my finished model,but...I really liked to see my SPA9000 with the rear tires using wood-planks with cramps. I didn´t made it,because i dont know if they use a diferent design wood-planks,and what are the measures of each wood-plank.I like to be accurated.

I hope you like it.

Luis Miguel F.S.Gago.

June 30th, 2004, 6:26 pm #2

May I applaud your fine work! The model appears to be an excellent example of care, and patient work!

Tell me, does the model measure out to 1/35 scale, or is it a bit oversized?

June 30th, 2004, 8:05 pm #3

Dear Emil Hoffman,first of all,Thank you for your kind words.This model toke me more than one month to make it,because i didn´t make any mistake or forget any detail.
About the measures and accuracy of this Crielmodel Kit,i only have one plan from the autocannone.I reduced this plan to the exact size of the Crielmodel,to compare it with the moulds.Fortunelly everything are in the correct position.
If it the SPA seems too big in the photos,that´s because i used my Fujji with Macro resolution.Apart of this Lorenzo Tonioli helped me a lot,cause he know/have many information about the autocannone. I believe Lorenzo Tonioli have the last word to say.

Luis Miguel F.S.Gago.

June 30th, 2004, 8:29 pm #4

n/t

Regards from Canada.
Francois Gousse
Forum moderator

July 1st, 2004, 2:43 am #5

Dear Emil Hoffman,first of all,Thank you for your kind words.This model toke me more than one month to make it,because i didn´t make any mistake or forget any detail.
About the measures and accuracy of this Crielmodel Kit,i only have one plan from the autocannone.I reduced this plan to the exact size of the Crielmodel,to compare it with the moulds.Fortunelly everything are in the correct position.
If it the SPA seems too big in the photos,that´s because i used my Fujji with Macro resolution.Apart of this Lorenzo Tonioli helped me a lot,cause he know/have many information about the autocannone. I believe Lorenzo Tonioli have the last word to say.

Luis Miguel F.S.Gago.
Luis -
I ask about the measurement accuracy only because I hoped it scaled out to be larger than 1/35. I have long admired this company's products and hoped this vehicle would be oversized and perhaps scale out to 1/32!
I found some Tamiya kits actually do... their Bren carrier, and M10 for example, are actually dead on @ 1/32.

Luis Miguel F.S.Gago
Luis Miguel F.S.Gago

July 1st, 2004, 1:12 pm #6

Hi Emil.I understand clearly your point of view,but i am a little "surprised" with your tolerance with scale. Usually the modellers-majority have lot of prejudice with scale,like you found with the Tamiya kits.That´s why they are dead. I have to admit myself that i was allready worried regarding the SPA9000 scale after your question.I am very faithfull to the 1/72,1/48 and 1/35.
If it´s 1/76 or 1/32 replique,it must be a very "hard-to-find" model to give away.
Since we are talking about scales and W.W.1,(and i know you love this subject),today i am very happy because i receive my RUSSO-BALT T w/76mm AAGUN from Panzershop.cz
The kit is very accurated. The artbox is very pretty too.They have token a snapshot from the completed model,and glued the photography into the box.Very refined introduction to the kit.
"Au contrair" of the Criel kit,Panzershop have an accurated instructions.All the parts are numerated with the respective name. The TTD or measures are also there.
The weight is: 4,3T, Lenght:7,8m , Width:2,2m and Height:2,87m . The equipment-gun is the LENDERA-TARNOVSKOGO calibre 76mm.
The truck comes with 6 rubber-tires and a lot of resin parts,including a metal-shield wish is a photo-etched.
I am curious about the scale accuracy,and i would like to have your opinion,Mr.Emil H.
Over now,Luis Gago
Luis Miguel F.S.Gago.