Soviet tank colours

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Soviet tank colours

Mats Isgren
Mats Isgren

September 15th, 2004, 7:49 pm #1

I would like to know which colour is the most appropriate on the T55 for the 50-60s period.

With my best regards Mats Isgren.

ian sadler
ian sadler

September 16th, 2004, 9:19 am #2

Hi , It may seem hard to believe but any shade of khaki/ green through to dark olive drab will do. I have photos which I am not allowed to publish showing rows of T 55's waiting for the scrap man's torch and they show every shade , some are well past there sell by date others are straight out of storage and are brand new. The optics still covered in grease proof paper etc . cheers ian

Mats Isgren
Mats Isgren

September 16th, 2004, 12:30 pm #3

Almost like Henry Ford and the colour for his T-Ford. As long as you choose black you can choose any colour you want.

September 30th, 2004, 7:44 pm #4

my dad was colonel of former czechoslovak army-and i remember one day,captain came to his office with question ,if black-green is ok for army trucks, because mechanics screwed up somehow the shade of color--dad said--who cares, it's green?it's, so it's ok...............