sourcing AFV Club sprues

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

sourcing AFV Club sprues

February 14th, 2018, 7:50 pm #1

does anyone have any experience with trying to obtain complete sprues from AFV Club?, I know their website doesn't have a shop but wondered if a direct contact and request would work?

TIA

MJH

February 15th, 2018, 8:17 am #2

Direct would not work. They only provide sprues to customers in Taiwan. You have to find someone there to get the sprues for you. I recommend this ebay seller - I ordered AFV Club sprues through him several times: https://www.ebay.com/usr/moon03tw
Last edited by Pawel Krupowicz on February 15th, 2018, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2018, 12:58 pm #3

I too have ordered spues through this guy. He is a great guy to deal with and has always come through for me.
Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

February 15th, 2018, 7:18 pm #4

I'll contact him after Chinese New Year!

MJH

February 15th, 2018, 10:46 pm #5

does anyone have any experience with trying to obtain complete sprues from AFV Club?, I know their website doesn't have a shop but wondered if a direct contact and request would work?

TIA

MJH
Facebook is the best way to get in touch with AFV but they will refer you to their distributor in your country. In the USA that is Merit International. But, Merit is not very friendly or accomodating. I had asked them about correcting some AFV Club Sherman tracks that had the wrong parts packed in sealed boxes. They basically said "pound sand" and do not bother us.
DAVID NICKELS

February 16th, 2018, 3:29 pm #6

I find they're about 45% . They were nice enough, just not ultra helpful. When it worked, it worked fine . When it didn't, the 55% ,......