SOS guys!

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

SOS guys!

Bergman
Bergman

August 15th, 2001, 7:43 pm #1

I have run out of ideas! But I do know that I want to build a diorama with a Panzer IV, Tiger or a Panther. I had some ideas for exampel a tank comander geting a ironcross in Normandie and being photograft. Or a Panzer geting some cammoflage in Normandie...anyone who can help me?! Any ideas???
Bergman

Jonathon JJ Jackhammer Herring

August 15th, 2001, 11:42 pm #2

I have one that I have been working on for a Tiger 1.The Tiger1 had a problem in Italy.As it would come down an embankment(if I remember correctly,it would be track embankments) the tiger would imbed its barrel into the ground due to its overhang.Now,I do believe the Germans would remedy this after awhile,but I thought that this would make a great dio.Even if you used a Jagdpanther it would relay the emotion,story,narative,etc,of a comical scene.Just a thought for you to try out.Have fun.

Stuke Sowle
Stuke Sowle

August 16th, 2001, 3:17 am #3

When I was a gunner on a M1A1 Abrams stationed in Korea, I turned the turret the wrong way during a night exercise and rammed it right into the side of an embankment. It rammed dirt and rocks about a foot and a half into the barrel. It also broke a seal on the cannon, so the entire thing had to be removed to be repaired. Needless to say, I was given a little butt chewing!

I also had the pleasure of watching the tank in front of me turn it's turret ninety degrees to the left and then commence knocking down three separate telephone poles.

We weren't careful with our big brutes out on the Korean roadways. Whenever we did break something we just kinda kept on moving and acted like nothing happened. Unfortunately we usually got caught. It was kinda hard to miss the battalion of tanks moving down a highway.

bergman
bergman

August 16th, 2001, 5:12 pm #4

I have one that I have been working on for a Tiger 1.The Tiger1 had a problem in Italy.As it would come down an embankment(if I remember correctly,it would be track embankments) the tiger would imbed its barrel into the ground due to its overhang.Now,I do believe the Germans would remedy this after awhile,but I thought that this would make a great dio.Even if you used a Jagdpanther it would relay the emotion,story,narative,etc,of a comical scene.Just a thought for you to try out.Have fun.
Yor idea sounded good.....but I had a tought about a Tiger I early in battle of Kursk or some other place. It has lost it´s way to the front so a pair of grenadiers pointing out the way. Or maby the way around. Hm....I´ll have to think a moment...hm...but your idea was very interesting..so the crew are talking about what to do about the mess?!
Cheers bergman

August 17th, 2001, 4:27 pm #5

This diorama can be developed into many ways.Maybe a Officer is berating the driver of the panzer.They could be in the process of digging out the tanks barrel.You could also have the vehicle coming down a creek embankment and having it "spearing" a villagers fishing boat.
As for your idea of the lost panzer,I find that if the vehicle is not level it adds a sense of drama to the scene.Just my 2 cents worth.Good modelling,
Jon

August 19th, 2001, 3:47 pm #6

I have run out of ideas! But I do know that I want to build a diorama with a Panzer IV, Tiger or a Panther. I had some ideas for exampel a tank comander geting a ironcross in Normandie and being photograft. Or a Panzer geting some cammoflage in Normandie...anyone who can help me?! Any ideas???
Bergman

Ebbe Bergman
Ebbe Bergman

August 21st, 2001, 8:01 pm #7

Hope this is valid! :=)

Sam Taylor
Sam Taylor

September 1st, 2001, 10:51 am #8

Bergman
I have this book called tiger fibel and in there are a number of pictures that follow a group of tigers in russia durring kursk. There is a set of pics in there that have a busy bridge w/ lots of traffic and instead of waiting to use the bridge this one tiger tries to go through the creek and gets stuck. The funny part to me was there is this halftrack ammo carrier going over the bridge and the vrew is looking laughing and pointing all the while the traffic is getting backed up.

Well I thought it was a good idea for a dio for ya!

dioramaman
dioramaman

February 28th, 2003, 2:52 am #9

Bergman
careten was a french villige near normandy If you have seen band of brothers disc 2 uknow what im talking about:) u should rent it u can get very good ideas( tiger tanks ambushing some shermans)