Some things I have seen that are coming from ......

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Some things I have seen that are coming from ......

September 10th, 2017, 2:36 pm #1

...Riich - an MATV a 4x4 MRAP vehicle, kit #72005! I wonder what 72004 will be????

From the folks at Gran - a Rapier launch station!!!! Not sure of the parts breakdown but this is nice!!!
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

September 10th, 2017, 3:44 pm #2

Just did a quick google search and found a breakdown of parts for the rapier on Henk's site here:http://henk.fox3000.com/gran.htm . Just scroll down to the Rapier.

Bill

September 10th, 2017, 5:04 pm #3

...Riich - an MATV a 4x4 MRAP vehicle, kit #72005! I wonder what 72004 will be????

From the folks at Gran - a Rapier launch station!!!! Not sure of the parts breakdown but this is nice!!!
Hi Graham,
The kit builds in battle or transport configuration.
The result is this (not mine, found in the Internet):

Cheers!

September 10th, 2017, 5:24 pm #4

Still want a tracked one though!😀
Simon Barnes

September 10th, 2017, 5:38 pm #5

Hi Graham,

Cheers!
would make a nice Falklands diorama

September 11th, 2017, 10:46 am #6

With a couple of rock apes scratching their heads trying to fix it, because Commodore Clapp stopped the RAF bringing their techies and servicing & calibration equipment....

Just like the problems at Wideawake where the rn Captain in charge there, kept turning back RAF movers, ops & A/C techies, and then wondered why it took twice as long to turn round the movements, and kept shouting about the A/C unservicability.

...I mean, who thought of putting a GD rn captain in charge of an airfield- If he'd been a FAA officer it might have worked, but as it was, it turned into a mess.
What happens when you press this bu...........

September 11th, 2017, 2:24 pm #7

And the F..k ups in coordinating the right resources to the spot are also always the same, no matter what nationality the army or services are...
enjoy modelling......
Peter
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

September 11th, 2017, 4:17 pm #8

The more I've dug into the Falklands War, the more I realise the UK won despite the royal navy, and its senior officer's desperate attempts to battle the other two services.
What happens when you press this bu...........

September 11th, 2017, 5:23 pm #9

Would have come with a firing post, an essential item for its use, and a generator while we're at it.
Simon Barnes

September 11th, 2017, 6:35 pm #10

Hi Graham,

Cheers!
I want them! Too bad they don't come with a generator and command vehicle. I have an old White Metal kit somewhere with all that; Ill have to see if I have all the parts for it still so I can add them to this whenever I get it.
The Duke; Mark Deliduka
Virtuoso of Miniatures

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.