some rebuilds

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

some rebuilds

October 24th, 2009, 7:04 am #1

ive been chipping away at these two for awhile one is arebuild from my tamiya /hobbyboss m4a176mm done awhile ago but with some errors ,so i thought out with the ovencleaner and and a few new bits manily a new turret and gun to make a rare m4a1 75mm late with cast in amour high bustle turret ,loaders hatch,and a few corrections.Finding one that wasnt a dd tank was a pain but i found a picture of one of the 6th armored division in france

The next photo is what it looked like before

The next pics are of my m4a3 75 early that ive been working on it has ahobbyboss rear plate and engine deck the rest is tamiya with extra detail done with plastic stip and wire

hope you like any comments go for it ,im off to do some painting wayne

October 24th, 2009, 3:06 pm #2

This is one of the joys of 1/48: it's so easy to plan and do conversions like this because we have the parts and kits to cut up and put back together. For those who don't want to do the putty work on the late large hatch M4A1 with cast applique armor, Steve Faxon (the man never sleeps) does a resin conversion hull for this version. As for the M4A3, the Tamiya M4 drivers' hoods aren't accurate for the M4, but they are fine for the early M4A3 and some early M4A2s. Nice job on both.

October 25th, 2009, 6:24 am #3

ive been chipping away at these two for awhile one is arebuild from my tamiya /hobbyboss m4a176mm done awhile ago but with some errors ,so i thought out with the ovencleaner and and a few new bits manily a new turret and gun to make a rare m4a1 75mm late with cast in amour high bustle turret ,loaders hatch,and a few corrections.Finding one that wasnt a dd tank was a pain but i found a picture of one of the 6th armored division in france

The next pics are of my m4a3 75 early that ive been working on it has ahobbyboss rear plate and engine deck the rest is tamiya with extra detail done with plastic stip and wire

October 25th, 2009, 9:05 am #4

Wayne,

You have there two splendid samples of plastic surgery that proves you do not fear anything in the operations desk . Good work in both but my favo is the very rare M4A1/75 and I agree with you I think the 75 turret matches better than the 76 for that one.

Okay, after the hard times chopping plastic have now fun on the paint.

Keep us posted
Lu