Some amazing prizes from Flyhawk...

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Some amazing prizes from Flyhawk...

September 8th, 2017, 3:40 pm #1

A few weeks ago I sent an Email to Ruth at Flyhawk Customer Services, I asked if the company was willing to sponsor our Quick Quizzes with some prizes. As you would expect I had to show that we were a bone-fide group and that the models would be used for the explicit purpose of prizes for the winners of the monthly quiz. I received a very nice letter back from Ruth stating that they would be willing to help out and what would I like from their range. I indicated what would be a good selection and they agreed to post these to me. Unfortunately the parcel was snagged at UK Border Force and I have had to pay a customs charge, but it was not extortionate, just a bit annoying. Anyway, here are the models you can expect to see as prizes in forthcoming quizzes...

The total amount of prizes...

The prizes broken down...

I hope you will join me in thanking Ruth and Flyhawk for their fantastic generosity, I think it is a fine gesture from the company.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

September 8th, 2017, 3:56 pm #2

...in my stash, won't be the last with this sort of support!
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

September 8th, 2017, 4:01 pm #3

A few weeks ago I sent an Email to Ruth at Flyhawk Customer Services, I asked if the company was willing to sponsor our Quick Quizzes with some prizes. As you would expect I had to show that we were a bone-fide group and that the models would be used for the explicit purpose of prizes for the winners of the monthly quiz. I received a very nice letter back from Ruth stating that they would be willing to help out and what would I like from their range. I indicated what would be a good selection and they agreed to post these to me. Unfortunately the parcel was snagged at UK Border Force and I have had to pay a customs charge, but it was not extortionate, just a bit annoying. Anyway, here are the models you can expect to see as prizes in forthcoming quizzes...

I hope you will join me in thanking Ruth and Flyhawk for their fantastic generosity, I think it is a fine gesture from the company.

All the best,

Paul
Yes thank you, Ruth and Flyhawk. These are some of if not the best kits out there. Tim Treadway

September 8th, 2017, 4:50 pm #4

All the best,

Paul
That very generous of Flyhawk. Big thanks to them, and also to you Paul for taking the initiative and really going above and beyond as moderator.

This truly is a top level Braille forum.

Thanks again to Flyhawk and yourself.

Cheers

James

September 8th, 2017, 4:54 pm #5

All the best,

Paul
Happy to give them more of my business...thanks Flyhawk!
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

September 8th, 2017, 6:21 pm #6

All the best,

Paul
Not my scale but what an extremely kind gesture from Flyhawk, were i into 72 scale i would certainly repay this kindness with future purchases.Lovely kits too.

September 8th, 2017, 6:49 pm #7

All the best,

Paul
Really generous and all stunning kits, have nearly all of them in my stash

September 8th, 2017, 7:38 pm #8

All the best,

Paul
Paul, thank you so much for all you do on this board and this is just one more example of why it is the best Braille forum on the web.

Keep up the good work!

Bob

September 8th, 2017, 8:51 pm #9

All the best,

Paul
I kinda balked at how pricey they are, but I know they're good kits, and now I will buy the ones I've been eyeing at our Local-ish brick and mortar HS! Win-win!

September 8th, 2017, 9:58 pm #10

All the best,

Paul
Well done Flyhawk and good on you for asking Paul

Cheers

David
David Clark
Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria, Australia

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be - Simone Signoret