Some A.A. MG pics from the conflict in Libya (no death)...

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Some A.A. MG pics from the conflict in Libya (no death)...

March 29th, 2011, 10:45 pm #1

Some pics of various AA MGs from the Libyan conflict. First what appears to be a ZPU-2 14.5mm in the back of a little truck.

Now this may very well be the same vehicle only not in such good shape (although it could be a different vehicle as the blue decal just aft of the passenger window is missing). Again the gun looks like a ZPU-2. Note the way it is mounted as it was probably the only way to get it in the back of such a small vehicle.

Now here is a what appears to be a single 14.4mm ZPU gun.

And here a ZU-23-2 with the large round flash suppressors (or are those muzzle brakes?).

Now here is the end of what I believe is the same gun as in the first two pics. Barrels are shorter and mounted closer together than a ZU-23-2(and different flash supressors). Note the guy in the back with the old Italian Carcano rifle.

Another single 14.5mm ZPU gun

I wonder how sturdy of a mount this is. 14.5mm ZPU.

I would love to get a better pic of this ZPU-4 mounted in the back of this vehicle.

Now my question, does anyone manufacture 1/35 scale ZPU-2 and ZPU-4 guns? I know there are aftermarket barrels for the 14.5mm just wondering if there are any kits of the ZPU not vehicle mounted.

All pics off the WWW.

Roy

March 30th, 2011, 7:34 am #2

eastern express makes them in plastic,low cost also, about 13euros.igot my self 2 from AVIAPRESS

March 30th, 2011, 8:34 am #3

And I managed to get the Modelpoint up date for the kit, outstanding. Now, if only I could get round to building it....

K.
Last edited by newtonk on March 30th, 2011, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 30th, 2011, 3:48 pm #4

I have the Modelpoint barrels for the ZU-23-2 is there more that Modelpoint did? The barrels look pretty good but the flash supressors on them look a little odd to me.

Roy

March 30th, 2011, 6:54 pm #5

an obscur russian factory (russian project)made a white metal zpu 1 in 1/35 scale : i have two of them ; it's very crude but the only on the market !!

March 30th, 2011, 8:55 pm #6

what they were replacements for as I hadn't seen any kits that required them except for the Dragon BRDM & BTR kits. I was hoping that maybe there was a ZPU kit out there that I didn't know about.

Roy

March 31st, 2011, 1:57 am #7

Some pics of various AA MGs from the Libyan conflict. First what appears to be a ZPU-2 14.5mm in the back of a little truck.

Now this may very well be the same vehicle only not in such good shape (although it could be a different vehicle as the blue decal just aft of the passenger window is missing). Again the gun looks like a ZPU-2. Note the way it is mounted as it was probably the only way to get it in the back of such a small vehicle.

And here a ZU-23-2 with the large round flash suppressors (or are those muzzle brakes?).

Now here is the end of what I believe is the same gun as in the first two pics. Barrels are shorter and mounted closer together than a ZU-23-2(and different flash supressors). Note the guy in the back with the old Italian Carcano rifle.

I would love to get a better pic of this ZPU-4 mounted in the back of this vehicle.

Now my question, does anyone manufacture 1/35 scale ZPU-2 and ZPU-4 guns? I know there are aftermarket barrels for the 14.5mm just wondering if there are any kits of the ZPU not vehicle mounted.

All pics off the WWW.

Roy

?
Last edited by rondz28 on April 1st, 2011, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2011, 2:24 am #8

All pics off the WWW.

Roy

All these are ground mounts ( despite being on the backs of SUV's

ZPU-x is the 14.5mm version
ZU-23 is the 23mm version

ZSU - is a SPG designation.