SOLDIERS 54mm Praetorian Guardsman

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

SOLDIERS 54mm Praetorian Guardsman

December 19th, 2010, 8:39 am #1

Hi Guys
This is a tough one for two reasons. The shield took some doing and I have to plan ahead in view of packing for shipping. The base with the floor design had to be painted separately and so was the shield. These were put together temporarily for the photo shoot. Paint on metal chip easier than say, resin or plastic so whatever I put in place must be removable without too much damage to the finish. I had some fit problems with the right arm/sword assembly and also the head to the neck opening. Some putty and drilling for the latter fixed that. A good figure overall from Soldiers but I'm not too sure about the pose. Must be uncomfortable to stand like that LOL! Any idea what he's doing?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
Patrick

December 19th, 2010, 7:13 pm #2

Excellent paintjob - the scutum is beautifully done and the facial tones are superb. You're right about the pose: Brutimus looks like he may be "a little light in the caligae".

December 20th, 2010, 5:42 am #3

LOL! And thanks.

Merry Christmas!
Patrick

December 26th, 2010, 8:07 am #4

Hi Guys
This is a tough one for two reasons. The shield took some doing and I have to plan ahead in view of packing for shipping. The base with the floor design had to be painted separately and so was the shield. These were put together temporarily for the photo shoot. Paint on metal chip easier than say, resin or plastic so whatever I put in place must be removable without too much damage to the finish. I had some fit problems with the right arm/sword assembly and also the head to the neck opening. Some putty and drilling for the latter fixed that. A good figure overall from Soldiers but I'm not too sure about the pose. Must be uncomfortable to stand like that LOL! Any idea what he's doing?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
Patrick

That's amazing work!! I really like the way you blended the colors, the shield is as good a paintjob that I've seen! You should paint boxart!

December 26th, 2010, 8:11 am #5

Hi Guys

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
Patrick

I have been learning different types of affects on my photoshop program, can you tell me how you created the lettering? Just email me if you feel up to helping me out, if not, that's fine, I'll figure it out on my own someday.

Thanks!

Rob

December 26th, 2010, 8:53 am #6

Thanks for the positive comments. I use ACDSee9 Photo Manager for adding text to pics. It came with my PC and if yours doesn't have this program perhaps you can buy and install.

Merry Christmas!
Patrick