SNAFU to done in 1 shift

October 8th, 2016, 5:37 pm #1

was busy at work but still managed to get this thing back together and painted. road dust is next and into the done pile it goes.

Not familiar with this

October 9th, 2016, 3:39 am #2

What is it? I can see the carriage is from the Pak 36.

A "done pile", LOL, never heard that one before, I like it. I bet someone could make a great cartoon out of it. :D
Last edited by T Marshall on October 9th, 2016, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Tim

A german use for captured 75 mm barrels to get a light 75 mm field gun.

October 9th, 2016, 8:07 am #3

Googling could tell you more. Obviously the carriage was overtaxed despite the complicated muzzle brake. At this later stage in the war the Germans did everything to get more field guns to their troops and used all available equipment for it.
there is a model of this kit available from Attack in resin. This one beats all however , my compliments to the builder: Dont "throw" it on the done pile but "place" it in yr collection of beauties.
cheers
Peter
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

October 9th, 2016, 11:51 am #4

was busy at work but still managed to get this thing back together and painted. road dust is next and into the done pile it goes.

Hi John

Tidy work on an interesting looking piece.

Haha - the "done pile". I know what you mean. I put mine into those multi drawer organisers when completed; the big plastic ones with 30 or 40 drawers made to store nut and bolts, small electrical components etc. Keeps them safe and keeps the dust off them. Other than those that go onto dioramas.

As to their final fate, I have discussed this with a mate that models 1/72 & 1/48 aircraft to an extremely high standard. He has no kids, and never will at this stage of his life, and I only have a wife & daughters who think the hobby is, at best, a waste of time & space. We both know when we are trundled off to the old folks home our models (and my dioramas) will wind up as landfill

cheers
Neil

Last edited by neilyall on October 9th, 2016, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Lyall

its an IG37

October 9th, 2016, 4:32 pm #5

What is it? I can see the carriage is from the Pak 36.

A "done pile", LOL, never heard that one before, I like it. I bet someone could make a great cartoon out of it. :D
if i remember my wiki correctly, around 1200 were produced. I saw a photo on the net of one being towed by what appears to be a phanomen granite, so i may pair this with the beverly hillbillies one i did awhile back.

this one is the attack kit, using an ace pe shield and wheels and butchered cradle. the attack parts are the main gun lower carriage and the spade ends of the trailing legs.

thanks for the comments

October 9th, 2016, 4:37 pm #6

Googling could tell you more. Obviously the carriage was overtaxed despite the complicated muzzle brake. At this later stage in the war the Germans did everything to get more field guns to their troops and used all available equipment for it.
there is a model of this kit available from Attack in resin. This one beats all however , my compliments to the builder: Dont "throw" it on the done pile but "place" it in yr collection of beauties.
cheers
Peter
my pile is one of my toolbox drawers, the main danger being co-workers who feel they HAVE to pick them up.

October 9th, 2016, 5:00 pm #7

Hi John

Tidy work on an interesting looking piece.

Haha - the "done pile". I know what you mean. I put mine into those multi drawer organisers when completed; the big plastic ones with 30 or 40 drawers made to store nut and bolts, small electrical components etc. Keeps them safe and keeps the dust off them. Other than those that go onto dioramas.

As to their final fate, I have discussed this with a mate that models 1/72 & 1/48 aircraft to an extremely high standard. He has no kids, and never will at this stage of his life, and I only have a wife & daughters who think the hobby is, at best, a waste of time & space. We both know when we are trundled off to the old folks home our models (and my dioramas) will wind up as landfill

cheers
Neil
'As to their final fate, I have discussed this with a mate that models 1/72 & 1/48 aircraft to an extremely high standard. He has no kids, and never will at this stage of his life, and I only have a wife & daughters who think the hobby is, at best, a waste of time & space. We both know when we are trundled off to the old folks home our models (and my dioramas) will wind up as landfill wink.gif'

in the same boat, have a son and grandkids, but have failed to get anyone interested in history or modeling.

mixing up

October 9th, 2016, 9:38 pm #8

cheers
Peter
I think you are mixing up the Pak 97/38 and this IG37, barrels of the IG37 was newly build and Pak97/38 used old French M1897 barrels. IG37 was build as a replacement for the IG 18, shooting the same ammo but also with a bigger charge

anyway lovely model, scratch the barrel once but never got around to changing the Pak36 to fit it.
Greetings Patrick Mondria
for some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.nl/