Small vignette !panzarschreck!

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Small vignette !panzarschreck!

November 28th, 2007, 1:10 am #1

Hello friends here I present another little vignette in 1/35 scale, the figures are from Masterbox with Dragon heads, Lion Roar Pe and homemade details. The M-20 KO is from Italeri OOB.
I hope you like it.
Joy
Luis

November 29th, 2007, 2:47 am #2

You nailed those figures! Dave

November 29th, 2007, 11:12 am #3

Hello friends here I present another little vignette in 1/35 scale, the figures are from Masterbox with Dragon heads, Lion Roar Pe and homemade details. The M-20 KO is from Italeri OOB.
I hope you like it.
Joy
Luis

outstanding figure painting work

looks lovely, very crisp paintwork.

well done!

November 29th, 2007, 12:32 pm #4

I hope you like it.
Joy
Luis

...that You love figures Luis.
I wish my figures would only be half as good as Your's!
Just one little thing about the vehicle:
IMO that hole in the M20's side looks a little bit like an internal explosion
hole to me, and it seems to be a little bit too big.
But as I mentioned before: those figures are perfect!

Cheers
Jens

November 30th, 2007, 9:50 am #5

I hope you like it.
Joy
Luis

Great figures. Very well painted. But I don't like the groundwork and it's the same with your T38. Your figures deserve much better.

I suppose the green "stuff" should be grass? To me it looks like paint and it's not even flat.

The same with the picture below

This picture shows why I don't like the grass and to be honest I don't like the road either. Doesn't look real but painted in a strange way.

I know this sounds a bit unfriendly, but I think you can do much better. Just compare the following pictures. (Sorry about the poor quality)

The green color you used is way to "hard" and there's no grass "structure" at all. Making grass is actually not difficult. Take some dirt from your garden, mix it with white glue and water and spread this mud over your base. While it's still wet you can spread some short grass fibers over it (irrigular) followed by "planting" larger fibers. Take some flat varnish to fix the fibers and to get rid of any shine. When required you can airbrush the grass after that.

As for the road. I'd go over it with an airbrush to blend everything in. Then I'd take some other shades to get some differences in color and perhaps apply a wash. Finish with some pigments to get a dusty look.

Hope this helps. Please take this as constructive comments I think your figures deserve a better base.

Grtz Niels

PS I agree that the damage on the M20 looks a bit strange and does not correspond to a panzerschreck. Those weapons tend to burn a small (about 1cm) hole instead of a large hole.

http://groups.msn.com/dutchmodelbuilding

December 1st, 2007, 1:15 am #6

for your comments. I have a lot to learn about the bases (and about modelling and painting too) and thanks for the sugestions, I will apply and will try to make better bases.
Thanks again.
Joy
Luis

December 2nd, 2007, 12:07 pm #7

I hope you like it.
Joy
Luis

I have to agree that the goundwork looks a bit awkward.

The figures are of very good quality, face expressions are splendid, but the ground... hmm

Try to keep it flat, first of all, also the mud is too shiny.

And, in my opinion, the whole in the car seems too big for a panzerschreck!

Cheers

Robert