Slipping under the wire....

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Slipping under the wire....

July 25th, 2012, 11:39 am #1

... comes 'Flandres', she's one of Tasca's superb M4A3s built by me, she features in the new AFV Modeller book on modelling the M4 Sherman, which we are pleased to say is now in stock!

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

July 25th, 2012, 2:01 pm #2

are spot on and of course,the figgies are beautifully done as well as the bed sheet cammo! Nice contrast. I am waiting for someone to build a vignette showing a crewman cutting wire out of the sprocket,a fairly common thing.
J

July 25th, 2012, 3:20 pm #3

... comes 'Flandres', she's one of Tasca's superb M4A3s built by me, she features in the new AFV Modeller book on modelling the M4 Sherman, which we are pleased to say is now in stock!

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

Superb!!!
Is that issue also available on IPad?

Cheers

Ben

Cheers,

Ben
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 2033931400

July 25th, 2012, 3:20 pm #4

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

How long will we have to be inflicted so wonderful models by this individual, who makes us feel like goofy trolls ???

David, terrific mud effects among other many beautiful other details !

You get the first track gold medal of the month !

Why didn't you apply for french citizenship ???

Xavier

July 26th, 2012, 1:36 am #5

An amazing piece of work.
Shane

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

July 26th, 2012, 5:59 pm #6

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

Lots to like about this one, David. Great looking mud and dust effects.
Guess it's time to head for the AFVM webshop...

Cheers,
Anders

July 27th, 2012, 1:04 am #7

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

All of those are fantastic in this project.

It should not matter whether you love or hate WWII armour or Shermans this project encompasses everthing a modeller should be striving for in a vignette.

I think the snap shot of the scene is fantastic and excellent outside the box imagination.

The shape forming tarps are outstanding. The variety of colours on the tarps from the OD, to the winter white sheets, to the day glo orange recognition panel makes the Sherman pop with texture and colour.

Congratulations on the new book...if all the projects are like this it will be a highly desired book.

July 27th, 2012, 7:33 am #8

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

and very inspiring. Excellent finish, in fact so good it makes a hardcore panzer man like myself contemplate a Sherman for the first time in 40 years:-)

July 27th, 2012, 9:27 am #9

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

Very nice Dave.
Cheers
ANPW

July 27th, 2012, 9:52 pm #10

à bientot!
David, AFV Modeller

David,

I don't generally like figures on models - but yours are always spectacular! I love it!

Best.

Neil