Since we haven't...........

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Since we haven't...........

December 21st, 2010, 1:52 pm #1

had a post on this DG in 4 months,could we make it a RRDG(rant and rave DG).We could post good/bad trader alerts and anything else(hobby-related,but would be locked on other DGs)and the other DGs could be used for what they are intended for.......Dan

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

December 21st, 2010, 4:40 pm #2

internet real estate was so valuable that we would need to convert a nice DG on a specific interest area to a "rant and rave" dg

Perhaps if one is needed a seperate one could be created without the need to ruin or delete this one?

December 21st, 2010, 7:35 pm #3

I sure have gotten a lot from this DG since August 16th.This is constructive comments-British and Commonwealth and that is fine.I'm sure you have nothing to worry about;it'll be here.I was just making a point.This and other sites have no problem holding a model companys' feet to the fire;why not retailers and traders??????Dan

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

December 21st, 2010, 8:59 pm #4

What do you mean about retaillers traders and holding feet to the fire?

As for the DG, I guess you're right on that, if no-one uses it why keep it. I just didn't see why your idea necessitated the removal of it, couldn't we have both?

December 21st, 2010, 10:09 pm #5

had a post on this DG in 4 months,could we make it a RRDG(rant and rave DG).We could post good/bad trader alerts and anything else(hobby-related,but would be locked on other DGs)and the other DGs could be used for what they are intended for.......Dan
I am sorry but the last thing we need is ranting and raving there is enough of it already and many a good item is ruined by it.

How many discussion have we had over the past year on Green Paint that unleashed a torrent of ranting with no positive results and on many occasions personal abuse at others.

Personally I think this Group Build should be changed into a Commonwealth Armour section where we can discuss matter and post work.

It was unfortunate that we lost the person in charge of the site and any requests regarding its future fell on deaf ears or blind eyes.

Please lets keep it and develop it further, after all since the GB started we have seen a major influx of Commonwealth subjects.

Just my two bobs worth

Fred Coulson

December 22nd, 2010, 12:25 am #6

What do you mean about retaillers traders and holding feet to the fire?

As for the DG, I guess you're right on that, if no-one uses it why keep it. I just didn't see why your idea necessitated the removal of it, couldn't we have both?
hey,this DG is fine,as far as I'm concerned.I would like to see a DG where we could at least keep the retailers and traders working for us and not against us.Cromwell and Tankrats come to mind.We would have the ranting and raving(OK,discussion)in one place and could keep someone from making a big mi$take.On the other hand,a good trader could pull in more bu$ine$$.Advertisement is everything,so they say.A reward for being a good steward of the industry.

The 'feet to the fire' thing came from the fact that we are allowed to slap a manufacturer around if they produce a 'bad' kit.Someone starts talking about a bad trader,they get locked down.On a dedicated site,maybe we could find out if the trader in question is trying to do better or is still ridin' the same horse.Maybe save the community some heartache or even get some better service.I doubt that it would happen,because there wouldn't be enough interest.But,as it stands,you miss things if you don't hit every DG all the time.Come to think of it,it wouldn't work.Everybody would be trying to contact Cromwell.......Dan

December 22nd, 2010, 12:31 am #7

I am sorry but the last thing we need is ranting and raving there is enough of it already and many a good item is ruined by it.

How many discussion have we had over the past year on Green Paint that unleashed a torrent of ranting with no positive results and on many occasions personal abuse at others.

Personally I think this Group Build should be changed into a Commonwealth Armour section where we can discuss matter and post work.

It was unfortunate that we lost the person in charge of the site and any requests regarding its future fell on deaf ears or blind eyes.

Please lets keep it and develop it further, after all since the GB started we have seen a major influx of Commonwealth subjects.

Just my two bobs worth

Fred Coulson
if we had a ranting and raving DG,you wouldn't have to participate and ruin your perfectly good day.See,that is the benefit of it.Anybody starts a rant on another DG would get locked out.The rant DG could be the complaint dept.......Dan

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

December 22nd, 2010, 12:39 am #8

Just my two bobs worth

Fred Coulson
OK, so I have a vested interest, I like building Brit and Commonwealth!

From now on I'll post progress of my applicable builds, and maybe others will want to join us

If any mods are watching, please can we have a moderator, and yes I'll volunteer if it helps

Chris

December 22nd, 2010, 1:31 am #9

and lets see if a moderator out there etc will run with this and if help is needed I'll be there

December 22nd, 2010, 1:39 am #10

if we had a ranting and raving DG,you wouldn't have to participate and ruin your perfectly good day.See,that is the benefit of it.Anybody starts a rant on another DG would get locked out.The rant DG could be the complaint dept.......Dan
Sorry Dan, but those things tend to turn me away quickly, there is too much in life to rant about as it is. My modelling is my release from all that rubbish. I am sure someone out there gets their jollies that way and I know a few like that and all they do in the end is to ruin it for everyone for the sake of ten seconds of infamy.

Sure some kit manufacturers and retailers need a jolt but I really don't see the need for a specific area and it will quickly turn into a personal slanging match. We have seen and heard it all before.

Regards

Fred