Silfor a question of adhesive

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Silfor a question of adhesive

May 22nd, 2005, 9:37 pm #1

Hi all,

I have just stared to put together my base and I'm using Silfor grass sheets. I was wondering waht the best adhesive would be. My guess is to use white glue, however does anyone have better solutions?

Regards

Brian

It is better to be happy than historically or dimensionally retentive.

May 23rd, 2005, 11:40 am #2

I've been using Woodland Scenics "Scenic Glue." Works like standard white glue in that it's water-soluble, but it dries reasonably flat.

Also, any brand of acrylic Matte Medium works pretty well too, and it's available at any art supply store.

Tom

May 23rd, 2005, 8:02 pm #3

Hi all,

I have just stared to put together my base and I'm using Silfor grass sheets. I was wondering waht the best adhesive would be. My guess is to use white glue, however does anyone have better solutions?

Regards

Brian

I bought some Heki grass earlier this year and tried it on a small diorama base. I used reguler PVA white glue (Elmer's from the US) and then sprayed everything with some clear flat to take care of the very little shine from the dried Elmer's. It also helped to even out the colors of the grass, road and model. I haven't tried Silifor yet but I am looking forward to using more Heki in a bigger diorama.

Jeff

May 23rd, 2005, 9:22 pm #4

Hi all,

Regards

Brian

Thank you for the tips.

As ever I am grateful fot the tips, I will try the Matt Medium as it is bound to be cheap to buy, I've been experimenting with the texturing medium.

By the way whats the Heki like? I've not used or seen it properly, I'm quite happy with the silfor the autumn effect is by far the best colour. When I get the work digicam I'll get some pics and post them here.

Regards

Brian