Shot in the leg..........

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Shot in the leg..........

June 7th, 2003, 7:14 pm #1

Hey everybody,

What do you think of this dio?
The story, just after the landing in Normandie, looking for Germans.
The guy on the floor was a bit surprised that there were still Germans in this bunker, he was shot in the leg.......

Greeting's from the Netherlands.
Peter

denis Lamontagne
denis Lamontagne

June 8th, 2003, 3:43 am #2

I have the same figurines at home (tamiya kit) and I never tought that way about the guy who is shot in the leg great imagination keep up the good work Pete.

Niels Henkemans
Niels Henkemans

June 8th, 2003, 9:42 am #3

Hey everybody,

The guy on the floor was a bit surprised that there were still Germans in this bunker, he was shot in the leg.......

Peter
Hi Peter, I like your dio. I do have some small remarks.
You painted parts of the MP40 in a "woodcolor" but as far as I know the MP40 was made from plastic en metal only (do a google search for pictures).
I presume the bunker is part from the atlanticwall and that makes me wander about something. The 17ss pzgren division was in the same area and I read it had very little panzerschrecks and panzerfausts. Now the 17ss was some kind of an elite unit so that makes me wander about the presence of those AT-weapons with regular coastal defence troops (often very poorly equiped). Than again exceptions are of course very possible and this minor detail doesn't realy change anything about your dio.
I like the metal edge of your dio very much but I don't really like (personal taste) the "wordart" title. I think a title shouldn't have strange forms or colors as it's purpose isn't to attract attention.

So far the remarks. I might have an idea for you. The guy behind te man who's shot could grab his collar and drag him to safety (I think it would add a little more action to the scene).
Hope this helps. BTW, Can I see the dio next saterday? I'd love to.
GRTZ
Niels

PS here's a link to another "shot in the leg" http://missing-lynx.com/gallery/dio/bghh.htm

Robert Lamos
Robert Lamos

June 8th, 2003, 5:23 pm #4

Hey everybody,

Peter
the dio is perfect...

I have been thinking about something similar but did not dare to put it into practice..

I admire you.. it looks realy realistic

good work...

Do you have some more pics? maybe of some other projects, just interested

Bye Robo

June 8th, 2003, 6:38 pm #5

Hi Peter, I like your dio. I do have some small remarks.
You painted parts of the MP40 in a "woodcolor" but as far as I know the MP40 was made from plastic en metal only (do a google search for pictures).
I presume the bunker is part from the atlanticwall and that makes me wander about something. The 17ss pzgren division was in the same area and I read it had very little panzerschrecks and panzerfausts. Now the 17ss was some kind of an elite unit so that makes me wander about the presence of those AT-weapons with regular coastal defence troops (often very poorly equiped). Than again exceptions are of course very possible and this minor detail doesn't realy change anything about your dio.
I like the metal edge of your dio very much but I don't really like (personal taste) the "wordart" title. I think a title shouldn't have strange forms or colors as it's purpose isn't to attract attention.

So far the remarks. I might have an idea for you. The guy behind te man who's shot could grab his collar and drag him to safety (I think it would add a little more action to the scene).
Hope this helps. BTW, Can I see the dio next saterday? I'd love to.
GRTZ
Niels

PS here's a link to another "shot in the leg" http://missing-lynx.com/gallery/dio/bghh.htm
Niels,

You are right about the MP-40, i shal fix that.
And yes, you can see it saterday, i will be there.
The other "shot in the leg" is this yours?
Do you bring it also next saturday?
See you,

Peter

Andy Fettes
Andy Fettes

June 9th, 2003, 11:04 pm #6

the dio is perfect...

I have been thinking about something similar but did not dare to put it into practice..

I admire you.. it looks realy realistic

good work...

Do you have some more pics? maybe of some other projects, just interested

Bye Robo
I think this is a very nice dio
I really like the groundwork you have produced especially on the stairs leading down to the complex
it is also very atmospheric
keep up the good work mate
are you what they call a newbie to dio making or have you been at it for some time?
Andy

June 10th, 2003, 12:51 am #7

Andy,

Thanks for the nice words.
No Andy, i am not a "so called newbie". I am busy since i was a little boy, stopped for a while and now back on the job for about 6 years.
I still like it, and the dio's are getting better every time.

Thanks, Peter.

June 15th, 2003, 7:50 pm #8

Looks great!

Have you thought about having a soldier in the M8's turret manning the .50 cal., providing more firepower for the guys down in the position?