Shipping Special on diorama items.

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Shipping Special on diorama items.

February 2nd, 2009, 6:58 pm #1

The labels finally showed up so I'm running a little shipping special to get the word out. See the kits at;

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/downtowndeco74tc

Also, check out the site for larger photos and faqs on the product. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
www.dioramasplus.com

February 3rd, 2009, 2:51 am #2

Dude,

The "New Products" DG is "A bulletin board for vendors to make product announcements and offer items for sale." That's were these posts belong.

hth,
Greg Harting

February 3rd, 2009, 2:47 pm #3

Greg. I'm sorry to have inconvienced everyone. If you are a moderator please move the messages. If you are not a monitor please disregard. Cheers!

Randy pepprock
Dioramas Plus

February 4th, 2009, 3:45 am #4

People who are interested in building dioramas would probably be interested in seeing these items - heck, I would have never been aware of these items if they weren't posted here - for god's sake, lighten up...

dave swann

February 4th, 2009, 11:21 pm #5

I said as much another time this came up.

February 5th, 2009, 2:14 am #6

People who are interested in building dioramas would probably be interested in seeing these items - heck, I would have never been aware of these items if they weren't posted here - for god's sake, lighten up...

dave swann
Dave, this isn't the "New Products" DG, which is the "bulletin board for vendors to make product announcements and offer items for sale." The purpose of the NP DG was so these announcements were placed all over the other dedicated DGs. Maybe you need to expand your horizons and pay a visit to the NP DG, you might find something else you've been missing.

Greg Harting

February 5th, 2009, 9:06 pm #7

It's always nice to deal with polite, helpful people on a modeling forum that was created for the fun and enjoyment of the hobby....

February 6th, 2009, 4:04 pm #8

Dude,

The "New Products" DG is "A bulletin board for vendors to make product announcements and offer items for sale." That's were these posts belong.

hth,
Greg Harting
where the know-it-all mentality comes from on some of these discussion groups. I usually don't post on threads of this nature because it is a waist of my time, but this one and the ones that Greg has continuously posted about information that I think is of importance to the Diorama community as a whole have taken out of what is important to this hobby. Seems to me we should be excited about Mr. Pepprock announcing new and upcoming items for the diorama enthusiast. He has graciously taken his time to undergo what has to be one of the least rewarding aspects of this hobby, and that is using his time and money, probably sacrificed family time to boot, to bring us items that we can use to make our hobby more fascinating and rewarding. I for one probably would not have known about these items if it were not the fact that I watch this board on a regular basis. I was excited with his first announcement and will be excited about the next ones as well. The way I see it, if it was the wrong forum totally and completely, the moderators would have suggested it already and that doesn't seem to be the case. Is a matter of fact, I think Mr. Pepprock should post it on both this forum and the New products forum, that way he is getting double the exposure, since I think most would agree that only about 10-20% of armor modelers are actual diorama builders as well. We should encourage people with a new product that relate to this particular aspect of the hobby to announce any new products they have, since we cry so much about not having enough products to work with in the first place. These people like Mr. Pepprock shouldn't be scorned for something that really is trivial in the larger scheme of things, after all, it is us whom he is trying to please and it us that he relies on to continue to bring us new and exciting products to work with. If we complain to much, this takes the fun out of making new products for us to enjoy and I could see how this could cause someone to quit altogether, and that is not what we want is it? Greg H., you kind of remind me of a politician, "Do as I say, and not as I do"! You see, while spouting off at the mouth behind your keyboard, you fail to realize that you are a leading culprit in not following the rules. You complain about this being in the wrong forum, all the time NOT using your FULL NAME when addressing Mr. Pepprock, which if I'm correct is a stated rule on these forums. What are you hiding? It kind of reminds me of those people you run into at shows or club meetings that critique and criticize your work and then when you ask what they have built, they say they haven't built a model before or haven't built one in 20 years. Greg H., I think before your start criticizing, maybe you should dig deep down and ponder why you post the way you do, or why you need to post like you do. I hope you realize that by doing this, in many ways you ruin the hobby and the fun it brings. This will be the last post about this from me. You can call me names, tell me what you think of me or accuse me of this or that, but it doesn't take away the fact that we need to keep people like Mr. Pepprock in our best wishes and prayers so that we may have people like him now and in the future, people who want to expand this hobby for the good of us all. I wish Mr. Pepprock well and look forward to seeing his announcements on THIS BOARD!

Sincerely,

Adam Harless

February 6th, 2009, 6:22 pm #9

Adam

Maybe I'm being particularly dim but I'm seeing Greg Harting's name at the bottom of each of his posts, where it has been for the years that he has been posting here. He doesn't seem to be hiding anything and he is complying with the forum rules (which do not state that the full names or email addresses must be in the post headers - just that they be included).

It's fair enough to have a discussion about the appropriate location for new product announcements (I'm pretty agnostic on that one as I can see both points of view) but if you're going to criticise people for perceived rule breaches, please at least get your facts correct.

February 6th, 2009, 6:52 pm #10

where the know-it-all mentality comes from on some of these discussion groups. I usually don't post on threads of this nature because it is a waist of my time, but this one and the ones that Greg has continuously posted about information that I think is of importance to the Diorama community as a whole have taken out of what is important to this hobby. Seems to me we should be excited about Mr. Pepprock announcing new and upcoming items for the diorama enthusiast. He has graciously taken his time to undergo what has to be one of the least rewarding aspects of this hobby, and that is using his time and money, probably sacrificed family time to boot, to bring us items that we can use to make our hobby more fascinating and rewarding. I for one probably would not have known about these items if it were not the fact that I watch this board on a regular basis. I was excited with his first announcement and will be excited about the next ones as well. The way I see it, if it was the wrong forum totally and completely, the moderators would have suggested it already and that doesn't seem to be the case. Is a matter of fact, I think Mr. Pepprock should post it on both this forum and the New products forum, that way he is getting double the exposure, since I think most would agree that only about 10-20% of armor modelers are actual diorama builders as well. We should encourage people with a new product that relate to this particular aspect of the hobby to announce any new products they have, since we cry so much about not having enough products to work with in the first place. These people like Mr. Pepprock shouldn't be scorned for something that really is trivial in the larger scheme of things, after all, it is us whom he is trying to please and it us that he relies on to continue to bring us new and exciting products to work with. If we complain to much, this takes the fun out of making new products for us to enjoy and I could see how this could cause someone to quit altogether, and that is not what we want is it? Greg H., you kind of remind me of a politician, "Do as I say, and not as I do"! You see, while spouting off at the mouth behind your keyboard, you fail to realize that you are a leading culprit in not following the rules. You complain about this being in the wrong forum, all the time NOT using your FULL NAME when addressing Mr. Pepprock, which if I'm correct is a stated rule on these forums. What are you hiding? It kind of reminds me of those people you run into at shows or club meetings that critique and criticize your work and then when you ask what they have built, they say they haven't built a model before or haven't built one in 20 years. Greg H., I think before your start criticizing, maybe you should dig deep down and ponder why you post the way you do, or why you need to post like you do. I hope you realize that by doing this, in many ways you ruin the hobby and the fun it brings. This will be the last post about this from me. You can call me names, tell me what you think of me or accuse me of this or that, but it doesn't take away the fact that we need to keep people like Mr. Pepprock in our best wishes and prayers so that we may have people like him now and in the future, people who want to expand this hobby for the good of us all. I wish Mr. Pepprock well and look forward to seeing his announcements on THIS BOARD!

Sincerely,

Adam Harless
Adam. Thanks much for the support. I'm not trying to start a big stink or anything, just trying to let people know about the new kits. If the mod wants to move the posts I would understand. Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus