Sherman M4A1 DV

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Sherman M4A1 DV

December 23rd, 2011, 8:17 pm #1

Hi everyone

I would like to show you my last project, Sherman M4A1 DV Honky Tonk from Tunisa 1943.
I used to build Dragon's kit, with minor additions, bar rels from RB Model and some Aber photoetched
Model has been painted with Tamiya and Lifecolor acrylics. I used method which show master M. Rinaldi -Tamiya OD as base coat, then over-sprayed and lightened with Lifecolor. I Used lacquer thinner for removal of light OD coat to show the darker color underneath.

Thanks for looking.
Marry Christmas!

best regards Krzysztof

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by Krzysztof_Wisniewski on January 28th, 2012, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 24th, 2011, 4:52 am #2

and markings.
http://juy-modelling.blogspot.com

December 26th, 2011, 2:47 pm #3

Hi everyone

I would like to show you my last project, Sherman M4A1 DV Honky Tonk from Tunisa 1943.
I used to build Dragon's kit, with minor additions, bar rels from RB Model and some Aber photoetched
Model has been painted with Tamiya and Lifecolor acrylics. I used method which show master M. Rinaldi -Tamiya OD as base coat, then over-sprayed and lightened with Lifecolor. I Used lacquer thinner for removal of light OD coat to show the darker color underneath.

Thanks for looking.
Marry Christmas!

best regards Krzysztof

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
very nice OD Krzysztof!!!

December 28th, 2011, 9:46 pm #4

Hi everyone

Thanks for looking.
Marry Christmas!

best regards Krzysztof

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Great job on this Sherman. The painting and weathering looks very realistic.

Only one thing, the tracks need to be tighter around and after the sprocket. As it seems to "float" upwards a bit.

December 29th, 2011, 12:18 pm #5

and markings.
Thanks for look my model!

Best regards
Krzysztof
Last edited by Krzysztof_Wisniewski on December 29th, 2011, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2011, 12:19 pm #6

very nice OD Krzysztof!!!
Thanks Jose

I happy what you like my Sherman

Best regards
Krzysztof
Last edited by Krzysztof_Wisniewski on December 29th, 2011, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 29th, 2011, 12:22 pm #7

Great job on this Sherman. The painting and weathering looks very realistic.

Only one thing, the tracks need to be tighter around and after the sprocket. As it seems to "float" upwards a bit.
Andreas, thanks for your kind words.
I'll try to fix this track.

Best regards
Krzysztof
Last edited by Krzysztof_Wisniewski on December 29th, 2011, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.