Separating long, thin piece of resin from carrier

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Separating long, thin piece of resin from carrier

December 8th, 2011, 5:31 pm #1

I have a resin bumper set for the LWS and I'm a bit uncertain about how to go about separating the parts from the carriers. My experience with resin parts is pretty much limited to heads and figures, and given their compact and sturdy shapes, they've never presented a problem. These bumpers, however, long and thin as they are, are another matter entirely. The instructions call for repeated scribing with a sharp knife until they snap off, and, while that would be exactly what I would do with heads or the like, with these pieces I'm not so sure. I need advice. Thanks guys.

Michael

December 8th, 2011, 9:24 pm #2

I use a #11 Axacto blade and slowly score the seam you are cutting. Do not try to cut all at once. Just keep scoring it till it goes through.
Good luck
Joe

December 9th, 2011, 12:08 am #3

Will do. Thanks a million. n/t