Seeking info on heavy trailer used with M25 dragon wagon

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Seeking info on heavy trailer used with M25 dragon wagon

December 9th, 2011, 3:08 am #1

Hello all

I'm currently planning a build involving accurate armour's T28 super heavy tank on a tank transporter. I've found a couple of images of a 100 ton six axle trailer used, with the M25 tractor (dragon wagon). Its completely different to the M15/M15A1 design, see pic below.

Does anyone know if theres an official designation for this trailer?. I'm chasing photos, manuals etc as I would like to produce a set of plans and then scratchbuild one to go behind tamiyas tractor kit. So far my googling has only turned up three photos. Can anyone recommend any books or websites or other sources that may have further info?

Regards
David

December 9th, 2011, 2:55 pm #2

Hi

IIRC, this was a 100 ton trailer called T67...

H.P.

December 9th, 2011, 3:56 pm #3

Hello all

I'm currently planning a build involving accurate armour's T28 super heavy tank on a tank transporter. I've found a couple of images of a 100 ton six axle trailer used, with the M25 tractor (dragon wagon). Its completely different to the M15/M15A1 design, see pic below.

Does anyone know if theres an official designation for this trailer?. I'm chasing photos, manuals etc as I would like to produce a set of plans and then scratchbuild one to go behind tamiyas tractor kit. So far my googling has only turned up three photos. Can anyone recommend any books or websites or other sources that may have further info?

Regards
David
There is some information on this and other experimental trailers in Tony Gibbs book about the Sterling T26:
http://web.me.com/tony.gibbs2/Sterling_T26_/Home.html