Second thread on why Future...... What's wrong with Model Air's..

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Second thread on why Future...... What's wrong with Model Air's..

October 22nd, 2011, 8:35 pm #1

Varnishes?? Been watching some YouTube stuff and seeing guys using them.

I'm just more curious as to why Future is used instead of what the paint manufactures make. Plus, after you use Future, your going to have to dull the shine with something. I do have a bottle of Future that I bought back when it was the thing to have, but have not painted a model to try it. I've been doing searches and such, but everything is before MA and other stuff came out.

Just like to know stuff before I dive in.

Thanks!!!!

October 23rd, 2011, 7:44 pm #2

and effective and easy to use.

Sure, reckon gloss varnish (any) would be OK.

Cheers
ANDREW

October 29th, 2011, 1:07 am #3

I'm just more curious as to why Future is used instead of what the paint manufactures make. Plus, after you use Future, your going to have to dull the shine with something. I do have a bottle of Future that I bought back when it was the thing to have, but have not painted a model to try it. I've been doing searches and such, but everything is before MA and other stuff came out.

Thanks!!!!
It's very cheap, it's almost foolproof with excellent levelling properties, dreis VERY quickly, easy to clean up if you somehow do goof it up, smells nice and looks good on your floor.

Not to mention it has a lot of other uses, I use it as an adhesive for PE, clear parts and other materials, decal setting solution, paint thinner, replicating glass in dials/lights and for aircraft or cars, anything with lots of clear parts that have to look pristine, it's indispensible.

No matter what clear gloss you use you have to use some sort of flat coat if that's what you want but if you use a flat base(like Tamiya X-21) with Future you can have any sheen you wish.

December 19th, 2013, 6:05 am #4

Thanks!!!!

<a href="http://ricklawler-propaganda.com/propaganda/" rel="nofollow">

</a>