Sd.Kfz.231/232 interior pics?

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Sd.Kfz.231/232 interior pics?

July 6th, 2012, 7:57 am #1

Hello,

the AFV Club kit has very fine raised markings on the inner side walls, which show where to place equipment etc. Sadly, no parts or information is provided. Are there any pictures showing the inside of the Sd.Kfz.231/232 and where the personal stowage was attached to the walls? Maybe there are some pictures around from technical handbooks or manuals? I've seen many of those, but not from these vehicles.

What major interior parts (like ammo stowage, radio equipment) have to be added to the kit to allow the side hatch to be displayed in an open position? I don't want to super-detail the interior, just improve the inside a bit.

Best regards,
Dennis

Delete XXX from my email

July 6th, 2012, 9:01 pm #2

but there are interior views in some books including cutaway plans.  I can provide titles, authors, and ISBNs, if you are interested in buying the books.

Regards,

Saúl García

July 9th, 2012, 8:46 am #3

Since I propably won't built another 8-Rad in the near future, I won't buy any book for it. Guess I have to make it with the info I found. Thanks anyway.

Best regards,
Dennis

Delete XXX from my email