SCW / GCE figures?

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

SCW / GCE figures?

August 12th, 2012, 8:44 pm #1

Are there any figures one could use for Republican or Nationalist figures, or possibly civilians from any region of Spain? I have found a couple of figs from MK 1/35 that could pass but wouyld love to locate some more.

Thanks / Gracias!

Pete

August 16th, 2012, 5:44 am #2

kits of Italian troops which fit the theme but otherwise I've assembled my collection by combining components from various plastic kits. I believe that Quiron have recently released a book on SCW uniforms.

A man can't have too much info' on the Spanish Civil War

August 16th, 2012, 10:45 pm #3

Are there any figures one could use for Republican or Nationalist figures, or possibly civilians from any region of Spain? I have found a couple of figs from MK 1/35 that could pass but wouyld love to locate some more.

Thanks / Gracias!

Pete
I would say that with some work you could get good EPR troops from them...

Weapons are correct (Both Lebel and Chatellerault were used) Helmets too, puttees and gaiters...And if you want to add some variety you can change french weapons for russian ones from Tamiya or Tank, Tank makes also some Russian heads that are quite similar to what EPR used to wear(Of couse I meant headgear, not heads themselves )Masterclub resin WW1 weapons are also very nice and most if not all of them were present in SCW, everybody sent their old WW1 vintage junk to Spain.

http://WWW.PANZERNOT.NET
Last edited by FJCabeza on August 16th, 2012, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 19th, 2012, 4:42 pm #4

kits of Italian troops which fit the theme but otherwise I've assembled my collection by combining components from various plastic kits. I believe that Quiron have recently released a book on SCW uniforms.

A man can't have too much info' on the Spanish Civil War
I will have a look around for those.

Pete

August 19th, 2012, 4:46 pm #5

I would say that with some work you could get good EPR troops from them...

Weapons are correct (Both Lebel and Chatellerault were used) Helmets too, puttees and gaiters...And if you want to add some variety you can change french weapons for russian ones from Tamiya or Tank, Tank makes also some Russian heads that are quite similar to what EPR used to wear(Of couse I meant headgear, not heads themselves )Masterclub resin WW1 weapons are also very nice and most if not all of them were present in SCW, everybody sent their old WW1 vintage junk to Spain.

http://WWW.PANZERNOT.NET
Great photos! Thanks for the tips.
I didn't realize Tamiya even made those. Now off to the hobby shop to see if they have that set.

Muchas Gracias

Pete

August 21st, 2012, 5:00 am #6

Thanks / Gracias!

Pete
Ordered a set of the Tamiya French troops.

Found these from Masterbox:

http://www.mbltd.info/3551.htm

August 26th, 2012, 9:07 am #7

Thanks / Gracias!

Pete
Animodel has some SCW figures. Unfortunately, his page www.animodel.es is under maintenance