Scratch built Soviet auxillary fuel drums

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Scratch built Soviet auxillary fuel drums

July 30th, 2012, 3:09 am #1

Hey all. For what it's worth, here it is. The drum ends are connected with sprue and the drum half is used as a jig. A paper pattern was made to size the brass sheet. The brass was rolled tightly on a under sized dowel. The brass sheet was then glued to the styrene base. Archer weld beads were then added. (The last time I used streched sprue textured with 'hot' glue.) Scratch grab handles complete them.
It's not better than sliced bread but I like it. All coments welcome and thanks for looking, PK
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

July 30th, 2012, 11:19 am #2

Paul-- that is really neat! I am going to try that technique on my T-34/85
Well done
Dave
D J Judge

July 30th, 2012, 8:46 pm #3

Hey all. For what it's worth, here it is. The drum ends are connected with sprue and the drum half is used as a jig. A paper pattern was made to size the brass sheet. The brass was rolled tightly on a under sized dowel. The brass sheet was then glued to the styrene base. Archer weld beads were then added. (The last time I used streched sprue textured with 'hot' glue.) Scratch grab handles complete them.
It's not better than sliced bread but I like it. All coments welcome and thanks for looking, PK
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Good work Paul and great explanation

Pat McGrath
Work to become not to acquire

July 31st, 2012, 7:57 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
only I beat and bent mine [for an veteran SU-100]

From my blog here :
http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... =48493&p=1

AK

July 31st, 2012, 2:33 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Looks good Paul. I guess we'll see it on the table Friday night ? That would also make a nice tech tip for the website.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

August 1st, 2012, 1:47 am #6

Thanks all. n/t