Schwere platformwagen

.

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Schwere platformwagen

Joined: August 7th, 2011, 7:36 am

June 17th, 2012, 12:12 pm #1

Hello,

My latest (almost) finished project.
It's a plattformwagen from Trumpeter.

I replaced the original plastic floor for a real wood.





Using old motor oil I weatherd it.



Next step paint:





Most of the decals went wrong, but I didn't give up.
Some sand, rust and oil:













Tips and comments are more than welcome.

greatings from Holland,
Richard
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: May 5th, 2005, 2:36 pm

June 17th, 2012, 3:41 pm #2

Hi Richard,

As Trumpeter (like Ironside or Dragon) "forgot" the braking system, I think these are useful posts with some details :http://www.colleurs-de-plastique.com/fo ... n-Tigre-II
http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/t ... ln+railcar

If you are in trouble with the SSyms decals, here is an alternative route :http://peddinghaus-decals.tradoria-shop ... yms-decals

Hope it helps,
Cheers,
Patrice.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: August 7th, 2011, 7:36 am

June 17th, 2012, 4:23 pm #3

Hi Patrice,

Well I was planning to scratch build the braking system for the wagon.
Then I thaught it would be better to leave it like it was bcause I already mounted the axles.
I'm planning to make a train diorama with an BR52, this plattformwagen, and some more carts.
For these carts I'm disigning a few 3D parts for the braking system. these will be printed in 3D too and then assembled.

Those links are real interesting for disigning those 3D parts.

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 25th, 2005, 12:47 am

June 17th, 2012, 11:43 pm #4

Hello,

My latest (almost) finished project.
It's a plattformwagen from Trumpeter.

I replaced the original plastic floor for a real wood.





Using old motor oil I weatherd it.



Next step paint:





Most of the decals went wrong, but I didn't give up.
Some sand, rust and oil:













Tips and comments are more than welcome.

greatings from Holland,
Richard
A long time ago I built a resin kit of that railcar. I replaced the bed with wood.
I found that the wood matched the kit's resin wood perfectly so I assume whoever did the master used the same.

I guess as time goes by and the wood wore out they would have replaced it with either narrower or wider strips.
You could damage some pieces and also replace some of varying colors.

Owen
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: May 5th, 2005, 2:36 pm

June 18th, 2012, 6:18 pm #5

Hi Patrice,

Well I was planning to scratch build the braking system for the wagon.
Then I thaught it would be better to leave it like it was bcause I already mounted the axles.
I'm planning to make a train diorama with an BR52, this plattformwagen, and some more carts.
For these carts I'm disigning a few 3D parts for the braking system. these will be printed in 3D too and then assembled.

Those links are real interesting for disigning those 3D parts.
Hi again,

Here is a link for the classic brake system :http://www.voisin.ch/dlok/partframes_f. ... ement.html

Hope it helps for the other carts,
Cheers,
Patrice.
Quote
Like
Share