Scale ModelWorld, 2018

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Scale ModelWorld, 2018

January 12th, 2018, 12:16 am #1

Hi

Is there anyone from Kent planning on attending this year? If so, get in touch if you want to share transport - I'm going up on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday....

Best regards

Darren

January 12th, 2018, 8:45 pm #2

If anyone is intending to go to Scale ModelWorld (10-11 November 2018) and stay overnight, you might want to consider booking your accommodation as soon as possible because most of the major hotels in Telford (and many of the smaller ones) are filling up rapidly. The three on-site options (Holiday Inn, The International and the local Premier Inn) are usually booked up by now.

There is also a new hotel being built sometime this year between the venue and the Premier Inn, but I can't for the life of me recall which chain it is!

Regards,
John

January 13th, 2018, 6:48 pm #3

Hi John
Also lots of Airbnb in Telford area.

I’ve used Airbnb a lot ( not for Telford) and always had a good experience.

Andrew

January 28th, 2018, 8:05 pm #4

If anyone is intending to go to Scale ModelWorld (10-11 November 2018) and stay overnight, you might want to consider booking your accommodation as soon as possible because most of the major hotels in Telford (and many of the smaller ones) are filling up rapidly. The three on-site options (Holiday Inn, The International and the local Premier Inn) are usually booked up by now.

There is also a new hotel being built sometime this year between the venue and the Premier Inn, but I can't for the life of me recall which chain it is!

Regards,
John
Hi Guys

I already have my accommodation booked, but thanks for the advice and for taking the time to reply; but what I was asking is that if there is anyone else (like me) from Kent who is going and wants to car share, to get in touch.
As an aside, John - and this goes out to a hone else who might be interested - I'd like to make your acquaintance when I get there.

Best regards

Darren