Scale conversion - 1/25 a G scale in Rail road?

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Scale conversion - 1/25 a G scale in Rail road?

Nick Micheals
Nick Micheals

November 23rd, 2001, 9:22 am #1

Hi I am trying to make a sceen from North France and was going to buy some rail road equipment and structures but not sure what rail road scale to use.

So I am guessing. Anyone know what scale is the right one. I think its either O or G please help

Nick

Frank Michaels
Frank Michaels

November 23rd, 2001, 11:32 am #2

G would be 1/25...too large...O would be from 1/43-1/48..there really is no 1/35 compatible in RR modelling...stick with O scale and try to adapt with conversions or modifications....

Nick Micheals
Nick Micheals

November 23rd, 2001, 10:46 pm #3

Sorry I became confused by your post. It happens to me a lot. I need 1/25 buildings.

Thanks
Nick

Greg H
Greg H

November 24th, 2001, 6:58 am #4

Nick,

I work p/t in a hobby shop and "G" scale is actually 1:22.5

hth,
Greg Harting
pyrmanNO@SPAMaol.com

Håvard Houen
Håvard Houen

November 28th, 2001, 1:53 am #5

G would be 1/25...too large...O would be from 1/43-1/48..there really is no 1/35 compatible in RR modelling...stick with O scale and try to adapt with conversions or modifications....
The closest model railroading scale to 1/35 is "1" scale. Its 1/32.

I would be reluctant to use model railroad equipment in this scale together with 1/35 AFV models.

In my opinion railway equipment makes Tanks look small even when the scale is correct. A Tiger on a heavy duty freight car looks almost toylike.

Regards Håvard