S&T Figures question

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

S&T Figures question

April 25th, 2011, 1:23 am #1

I won a couple of "S&T" Kharkov figures that I've been on the hunt for and got them for pretty reasonable prices($43 each) I know these are hard to find figures but here's my question. Did any of these come with accessories ie helmets, weapons etc molded in another color than the figure itself? The spare helmets and MP40s are grey but the figure is the typical sand colored resin.
Any help here before I send this guy any $$ would be helpful. He has stellar rep and no negs that I can see in over 600 transactions. He says that he bought them about 5 years ago at a hobby show but the boxes aren't included and he says that the box art was reprinted rather than original.

Thoughts??
Thanks
Carter

April 25th, 2011, 5:21 am #2

Can you post th address where you got them from off of E-Bay ? Sounds a little Fishy ! & Familiar .... Is it getting shipped from China ?

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

April 25th, 2011, 5:00 pm #3

9 out of ten times from my experiences it is a recast when there is no box. If recasts are acceptable for you go right ahead since I believe these are OOP. For my money though and just plain old ethics I would decline. Just my opinion.

April 25th, 2011, 8:06 pm #4

I won a couple of "S&T" Kharkov figures that I've been on the hunt for and got them for pretty reasonable prices($43 each) I know these are hard to find figures but here's my question. Did any of these come with accessories ie helmets, weapons etc molded in another color than the figure itself? The spare helmets and MP40s are grey but the figure is the typical sand colored resin.
Any help here before I send this guy any $$ would be helpful. He has stellar rep and no negs that I can see in over 600 transactions. He says that he bought them about 5 years ago at a hobby show but the boxes aren't included and he says that the box art was reprinted rather than original.

Thoughts??
Thanks
Carter
Jim Sullivan owner of S&T never cast anything in grey resin .....sand color only ........

April 26th, 2011, 1:52 am #5

The figures are in sand resin but apparently some of the bits are grey. I have been very leary but I paid the guy with the promise of a total refund if I wasn't satisfied and they're coming from the US. I would have never done anything from china. I'll message the guy and see what we can do since the kits have been posted already.

John thanks for the reply and you too, Dan.

So that being said is there a stash of these puppies hiding in someones closet that I need to know about?

Regards
Carter

April 26th, 2011, 1:54 pm #6

Where in the US are they coming from? and what's the sellers name?
Jim used Vagabond 36XXX tan/off white resin and as far as I know he never ever used Grey resin.

Dano
Just because the figures are out of production does not give one the lisence to pirate them.
Mrosko

April 26th, 2011, 8:22 pm #7

he has been very considerate and has offered a refund if I'm not happy. I even emailed him with the statements above and he says the boxart wasn't on the original box but inside the box and that when he bought them they did have what he believes to be original S&T boxes but that was over 5 years ago.
I will wait and see when they arrive. Meanwhile does anybody have a pic of an unpainted S&T figure so I can compare the resin colors?

Chris
Do you have any of these bad boys in your ginormous stash and any luck finding that 1/9th scale FG42 that I'm looking for?

Thanks
Carter

April 27th, 2011, 1:16 am #8

Marietta.321 also sells the 1/12 German sniper fig that was very rare, originally a PJ designs kit. He has sold/listed a number of them, and the description is X -P&J Design. He also sold Maurice Corry figs when Maurice stopped selling them a few years back, using the same type of description;x-maurice correy. Based on the stuff the guy sells (mostly new releases,along with the figs) he may have his own shop.

April 27th, 2011, 1:55 pm #9

thanks to everybody who replied!

April 27th, 2011, 6:55 pm #10

Where in the US are they coming from? and what's the sellers name?
Jim used Vagabond 36XXX tan/off white resin and as far as I know he never ever used Grey resin.

Dano
Just because the figures are out of production does not give one the lisence to pirate them.
Mrosko
I stated that I myself consider it to be ethicly wrong. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.