Russian machine gun

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Russian machine gun

June 16th, 2012, 3:21 am #1

I listed a link to a photo of a Russian 7.62 mm nyemeton that I bought from TAHK model, is this gun suppose to feed from the right or left side, it shows the right side on the kit, but the individual guns feed from the left, I hope the link works, I don't really know how to post photos on this site

Last edited by daspanzerman on June 16th, 2012, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 16th, 2012, 11:11 am #2

Like most Russian or Soviet belt-fed weapons, the SG-43 feeds from right to left. Just the opposite to most US weapons.

Danny Egan
Join AMPS
http://www.amps-armor.org

June 16th, 2012, 7:58 pm #3

is it to make a 50 cal feed from the right? Did they supply parts to the army air corp to convert them?

Owen

June 16th, 2012, 11:18 pm #4

The 50 cal is easy to set to feed from either side, but that's an unusual feature, not found in most MGs.

Danny Egan
Join AMPS
http://www.amps-armor.org

June 16th, 2012, 11:21 pm #5

Didn't they have to change the feed when installing them next to each other in Michell bomber and other wingy things.

Owen

June 17th, 2012, 4:13 am #6

What does any of this have to do with Russian machine guns or Allied armor? I know it's hard, but try to keep on track.
Last edited by Gary Owsley on June 17th, 2012, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2012, 4:46 am #7

The original post was about which side the machine guns feed on. I then asked about how hard it was to change which side it could use.
You seem to have a problem with all of my posts. Do me a favor and don't read them or respond to them.
I don't know what your problem is but get over it.

Owen

June 17th, 2012, 8:15 am #8

No, the original post was about which side the SG-43 fed from. You are the one that took off with the M2 and B-26s, which neither had anything to do with the post and one doesn't have anything to do with armor. What's next? How long is a Unicorn's horn? You'd have a much easier time if you want to go off on another subject by starting your own thread. As you are seeing in many of the other forums, a lot of peole have problems with your ramblings. Just try to keep on subject.

June 17th, 2012, 4:40 pm #9

SG-43 feed -> .50-cal M2 feed. The M2s were fitted on a lot of allied armor and the feed side was modified for applications like the M16 MGMC. I don't see what the problem is. Oh actually I do...Gary's looking for a reason to be angry again.

June 17th, 2012, 11:01 pm #10

I listed a link to a photo of a Russian 7.62 mm nyemeton that I bought from TAHK model, is this gun suppose to feed from the right or left side, it shows the right side on the kit, but the individual guns feed from the left, I hope the link works, I don't really know how to post photos on this site

...on this or any other ML forum, thank all that's holy!

Mr. Owsley seems to be dogging Mr. Auer's posts on every DG. Mr. Owsley, if Mr. Auer's posts offend you, it's simple: DON'T OPEN ANY THREAD WITH HIS NAME ON IT. If Owen's questions or his off-center attempts at humor offend you, why BOTHER to open a thread he is partaking in?

Mr. Owsley, what makes you seem to relish confrontation on the tiny screen of your computer? Is it so that you can say what you wish without having to take any real responsibility for your words?

Mr. Owsley, you are not a moderator, a cop or a censor. Why don't YOU keep on topic and not harass posters here with your extreme negativity. If you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add to any discussion thread, feel free.

Mr. Owsley, almost any time there is a confrontation on ML, you always seem to be the center of it. You should be grateful that the site's REAL moderator's don't decide to back-track and see how much misery you have caused here at ML. If the moderators did, and they were the type of person you seem to be, you'd be outta here.

For the new folks here, Mr. Owsley and I have tangled before; the dance bored me. More recently I have kept silent at Brett's request whenever he has made himself "known". I really don't wish to continue the dance, but "enough is enough". So, Gary, why don't you be a good fellow, Sit down, stroke your cat, take a stress pill, wash it down with a Coors and light up a Winston? And, please, for your own health, avoid any of Owen's posts.

Frank V. De Sisto
Last edited by zappa93 on June 17th, 2012, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.