RSO in progress

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

RSO in progress

July 8th, 2012, 7:20 pm #1

You have to thank me for trying to finish this old Italeri kit, which has the effect of forcing Dragon to release a newly designed version (I had the same experience with the Marder II).

Anyway, I have to finish this in two weeks for a show... must add wet mud & snow to the wheels, tracks and base, a tarp, and my half-painted MK35 figure; better, finished photos to come by July 20th...

D.

July 8th, 2012, 7:22 pm #2

Great work and sure not an easy task!
WVery well done!!!

Regards
Gert

July 9th, 2012, 3:55 am #3

You have to thank me for trying to finish this old Italeri kit, which has the effect of forcing Dragon to release a newly designed version (I had the same experience with the Marder II).

Anyway, I have to finish this in two weeks for a show... must add wet mud & snow to the wheels, tracks and base, a tarp, and my half-painted MK35 figure; better, finished photos to come by July 20th...

D.
Well, with a lot of work, sweat and TLC

Great job Dave, this is a beauty already. Looking forward to seeing it finished

Last edited by ChrisDM on July 9th, 2012, 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 9th, 2012, 1:07 pm #4

D.
I love the camo

July 9th, 2012, 7:58 pm #5

D.
Hi
But is it true that the cargo bay is too wide?

A lovely model.

Cheers
Andrew

July 11th, 2012, 12:24 pm #6

Thanks, Andrew!

I never checked those proportions; considering its age, provenance, and other obvious deficiencies (cab interior!), it's possible (and I know some modellers went so far as to rebuild the entire cargo bay). I guess I'm not THAT much of a fanatic!...

D.

July 11th, 2012, 12:24 pm #7

Hi
But is it true that the cargo bay is too wide?

A lovely model.

Cheers
Andrew
Last edited by Dave_Mazierski on July 11th, 2012, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.