RLM 81 equivalent with Tamiya Paints

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

RLM 81 equivalent with Tamiya Paints

July 3rd, 2006, 3:55 pm #1

I need to mix up some RLM-81 Brown Violet equivalent, does anyone know of a mixing ratio useing Tamiya acrylic paints? I have tried spraying Gunze and Model Master acrylics with horrible results.Thanks very much.

July 3rd, 2006, 5:34 pm #2

Hi,
I'd say you better off with this q in some AC forum like in ARC or Hyperscale.
Anyway, I hope this link helps:
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorchart ... ermany.htm

Niko

July 4th, 2006, 3:38 pm #3

July 10th, 2006, 4:29 pm #4

I need to mix up some RLM-81 Brown Violet equivalent, does anyone know of a mixing ratio useing Tamiya acrylic paints? I have tried spraying Gunze and Model Master acrylics with horrible results.Thanks very much.
Drop me a line about the RLM paints and your issues your having. I'd like to compare notes with you.
Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

July 20th, 2006, 1:26 pm #5

hi Alan there are some really good acryic paints out on the market .lifecolor makes all the RLM # paints very nice paint easy to work with and nice addesion.aeromaster makes real nice aircraft paints probably the same consistancy as lifecolor and valljo makes nice acyic paints as well and probably have all the RLM # but you will have to find a conversion chart and all these paints are very nice and can be mixed with distilled water they are far better than model master acrylics and tamiya acryics i have had great results with these paints the only one i have not used is the aeromaster paints but i have heard good things about it the lifecolor is the most afordable hope this helps take care paul