Relief force: Hungary 1945

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Relief force: Hungary 1945

January 3rd, 2012, 9:52 pm #1

Hi to everyone,

I post some photos of a diorama build in 2010 in 1:72 scale. It would represent a German AFVs assembly row preparing for join the battle front. Stug is from Revell, StuH is the old ESCI kit with DRAGON cloned undercarriage. Marder III M it's an old scratch built construction from an ATTACK Pz.38(t)ausf. G/H, recently reconstructed with UM undercarriage. TATRA staff car is from ATTACK.
Burned SU-100 is from UM with Dragon mantlet and ARMO wheels
[/IMG]
Grenadiers are from Warrior,Milicast, Dragon and MiG range. Tankers and officers are from Preiser and MiG.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Either Stug have the Winterketten tracks..perhaps hard to see in 1945 (substituted by Ostketten)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I hope that size of pictures is manageable. Comments and opinions are welcome. Happy New Year

Federico

January 5th, 2012, 4:45 pm #2

Great looking work - as usual, I am humbled when peoples' 1/72 scale work looks better, more detailed, and more realistic than my 1/35th!. Paricularly like the mix of finishes on the vehicles and the tall grass.
justin pockar

April 7th, 2012, 4:54 pm #3

Thanks Justin, for me 1:72 scale is the best way of modelling!