Recce Stuart dutch east indies 1949

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Recce Stuart dutch east indies 1949

October 1st, 2011, 3:05 pm #1

This model was build by my good friend Richard Polderman, using AFV clubs stuart, Accurate armours conversion and a lot of hard work.
It was only painted by me
The vehicle represents a tank of the '6e eskadron vechtwagens' fighting against the Indonesian resistance. The vehicle is named "Pelangitang" after a crew memeber KIA.

This is how I got it:

Interiour painted:

Outside:

Final model:

On it's base, ready for SMC at Eindhoven:

Thanks for looking, Jan

October 1st, 2011, 5:12 pm #2

..... very good weathering!

Oil stains, chips.......... the whole lot and makes it look very realistic.

Good painting, Jan!

Regards
Noel

October 1st, 2011, 5:16 pm #3

This model was build by my good friend Richard Polderman, using AFV clubs stuart, Accurate armours conversion and a lot of hard work.
The vehicle represents a tank of the '6e eskadron vechtwagens' fighting against the Indonesian resistance. The vehicle is named "Pelangitang" after a crew memeber KIA.

This is how I got it:

Interiour painted:

Outside:

Final model:

Thanks for looking, Jan
Thanks for posting. Now I want to build one too.

Aloha,
Val

October 1st, 2011, 5:25 pm #4

Hi Mate
Good tosee you at KMK, nice looking Stuart and an unusual period of history you chose for the subject.
Good luck at the show mate
Lester

October 1st, 2011, 5:25 pm #5

Thanks for posting. Now I want to build one too.

Aloha,
Val

Hi Mate
Good tosee you at KMK, nice looking Stuart and an unusual period of history you chose for the subject.
Good luck at the show mate
Lester

October 2nd, 2011, 6:41 pm #6

This is how I got it:

Interiour painted:

Outside:

Final model:

Thanks for looking, Jan
Hi Jan
I like this a lot. Can you tell me what the piece of equipment on top the MG shield is - a searchlight or a loudspeaker perhaps? And also how did you make the seat belts? Are they moulded into the seats from AA? Finally, where did you get the PSP from?

Cheers
Mike

October 2nd, 2011, 8:29 pm #7

Hi Mike,

I hope you don't mind me answering your questions, as i'm the one who's build the model. Jan has done the painting and weathering.

The seatbelts are molded on from AA. The PSP plating are also from AA. The thing on top of the gunshield is a searchlight wich is a field modification. I've got another picture somewhere where they use a headlight from a truck as a searchlight on top of a normal stuart.

Cheers,

Richard

October 2nd, 2011, 11:21 pm #8

This is how I got it:

Interiour painted:

Outside:

Final model:

Thanks for looking, Jan
I love the weathering and all of the little touches, like the oil stain on the rear deck and the letter from home on the seat inside!

Great stuff!

Cheers, Tracy

October 3rd, 2011, 9:19 pm #9

Hi Mike,

I hope you don't mind me answering your questions, as i'm the one who's build the model. Jan has done the painting and weathering.

The seatbelts are molded on from AA. The PSP plating are also from AA. The thing on top of the gunshield is a searchlight wich is a field modification. I've got another picture somewhere where they use a headlight from a truck as a searchlight on top of a normal stuart.

Cheers,

Richard
Hi again Richard
The spare track on the nose. I've seen these in photos of Polish recce M3A3s but can't work it out. Where are the links from and how are they attached to the nose?

Cheers
Mike

October 4th, 2011, 4:22 am #10

They are Mathilda tracks. Not sure how they were attached, but my guess would be a bracket to hook onto the guidehorn.
thanks for your comments!
cheers, jan