R&J Products destroyed building corner.

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

R&J Products destroyed building corner.

August 4th, 2007, 6:22 pm #1

I have had this little set for a long time now (more than 7~8 years), but never got around to doing anything with it. Dioramas always catch my mind, but normally by the time I finish one vehicle with crew, I want to start something else. Some snipers from Tank gave me the idea of having them looking out over a knocked out 250 halftrack...

but I sold the half track and ended up cutting down the size of the idea so that it would only fit Tank's "Soviet snipers II" set:

The building was also trimmed down to nest in the corner of a small base. My attempts at painting (and back-porch photography studio!) doesn't really do it justice. The kit is resin which I think gives it an edge over plaster buildings. It features some nice interor work and battle damage, plus some basic rubble (seen in the top photos), which makes for a good starting point to add other bricks and lumber. The drain is Hudson and Allen.

Now to see how the figures turn out...

August 17th, 2007, 3:43 pm #2

Thanks for the post. I bought this kit some time ago at an AMPS show, only I've not yet built it. I am also responding because I personally hate it when I post a question or tidbit in a forum and virtually NO ONE responds. The nice thing about this R+J ruin is the fact that it has all the elements--interior, second-floor remnant, etc. I grabbed it up on the spot because I am essentially lazy, and would rather not scratch-build something if I don't have to. And I prefer resin over plaster ruins because they won't break or, if they get wet, crumble or take forever to dry out. My basement recently flooded and my Farina Enterprises street base (a great product featuring a huge all-plaster base with tons of details molded on) GOT WET and is still drying out! Anyway, I hope you post your sniper dio when you're done.

James Naveira

August 18th, 2007, 2:19 am #3

I have had this little set for a long time now (more than 7~8 years), but never got around to doing anything with it. Dioramas always catch my mind, but normally by the time I finish one vehicle with crew, I want to start something else. Some snipers from Tank gave me the idea of having them looking out over a knocked out 250 halftrack...

but I sold the half track and ended up cutting down the size of the idea so that it would only fit Tank's "Soviet snipers II" set:

The building was also trimmed down to nest in the corner of a small base. My attempts at painting (and back-porch photography studio!) doesn't really do it justice. The kit is resin which I think gives it an edge over plaster buildings. It features some nice interor work and battle damage, plus some basic rubble (seen in the top photos), which makes for a good starting point to add other bricks and lumber. The drain is Hudson and Allen.

I love little sniper dios and this one is turning out to be really great. Cant wait to see the rest!
Keep us posted!

Jean-Louis Chevrefils

August 21st, 2007, 1:43 am #4

Really just trying to show the kit more than what I did with it... slowly going back and forth with this and a Tiger(P) prototype (below). Even with the poor photography, I know I need to lightly overspray the interior walls with white to cancel out some bleeding by MIG's brick dust pastels and try to work some more color into the debris... oh'well live and learn.