Questions For Adam Wilder On Mud and Track Colour

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Questions For Adam Wilder On Mud and Track Colour

July 16th, 2006, 10:57 pm #1

I've seen some fine examples of your work in the gallery and am very impressed with the painting and weathering of your armour.I need some advice on wet/dry mud and track colour.I can't seem to come up with a realistic result.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

July 17th, 2006, 7:22 pm #2

Hello Tim
Thank you very much for your interest in the work I currently have posted on Missing Lynx. I am going to need to get some photos together for you. Please give me a few days. I think that I will end up sending you an E-mail with the answers to your questions. I hope that you are not in an immediate hurry. If you are in a hurry please let me know.

Thanks and talk to you in a bit.

ANPW

July 17th, 2006, 10:17 pm #3

Hi Adam,

Is it possible you could send the information to me as well, please? I have the same problem with tracks.

Thanks

Andy

July 19th, 2006, 5:57 pm #4

ooh. mee too

July 20th, 2006, 9:25 pm #5

I've seen some fine examples of your work in the gallery and am very impressed with the painting and weathering of your armour.I need some advice on wet/dry mud and track colour.I can't seem to come up with a realistic result.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Ok guys and thanks for your interest. I started to gather the photos tonight and I will have something general for you Friday or early Saturday.

Sorry for the wait.
ANPW

July 23rd, 2006, 6:55 am #6

Dear Tim, Andy and Ralph

I have taken some photos for a small step-by-step regarding your questions on mud and track color. I will write the text this week and give it to Brett (Missing Lynx) before I go on vacation at the end of the week. If you have any questions after reading the article, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely
ANPW

July 23rd, 2006, 1:44 pm #7

for your time...looking forward to your photos,enjoy your holiday.
Regards
Tim

July 23rd, 2006, 5:44 pm #8

..for taking the time and trouble. I'm looking forward to an interesting read. Have a good holiday.

Andy

July 25th, 2006, 8:32 pm #9

Dear Tim, Andy and Ralph

I have taken some photos for a small step-by-step regarding your questions on mud and track color. I will write the text this week and give it to Brett (Missing Lynx) before I go on vacation at the end of the week. If you have any questions after reading the article, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely
ANPW
`