Question!

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Question!

May 12th, 2017, 10:34 am #1

Has anyone any idea as to why the supply of the Trumpeter 1.72 scale Stug 111 kits seem to have dried up? You can still get the odd B- CD- and E versions on Evil bay but the F- F8 and the G have all but vanished and have been absent for some time. I am based in GB so is it just us Brits that do not seem to be supplied?

May 12th, 2017, 4:17 pm #2

No idea but I share your pain.... I was hoping Dragon's Stug Ausf F would be okay...but it is a joke, and not worthy of being called a model. So for those that want to do Kharkov the Trumpeter kit is the only real game in town, and it is no longer around it would seem.

FYI, model prices in the UK are ridiculous so I don't bother much anymore....there are still some good sellers but nothing cheap...those days are clearly long gone.

May 12th, 2017, 5:42 pm #3

Has anyone any idea as to why the supply of the Trumpeter 1.72 scale Stug 111 kits seem to have dried up? You can still get the odd B- CD- and E versions on Evil bay but the F- F8 and the G have all but vanished and have been absent for some time. I am based in GB so is it just us Brits that do not seem to be supplied?
announced at UM :

Sturmgeschutz 40 Ausf F/8 1:72 UM 280

and seen at Modelsua here :
http://modelsua.com/

Pascal

May 12th, 2017, 9:41 pm #4

Thanks Pascal but the question is about the Trumpeter kits which are close to 1.76 scale.

May 12th, 2017, 11:25 pm #5

There are a bunch of Stug F's on eBay but all are from China. Prices around $17.00 USD with postage. Not bad prices if you just have to have the kit. Here is a list.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... 59&_sop=15

I have purchase a lot of kits from China. Just pick a seller with 1000+ positive feedbacks and you should be good. My worst transaction from China is better than some of my USA purchases! And it was not the seller's fault. One package must have set in the rain for two days! The kit was shrink wrapped so only the shipping box got was ruined.

I'd give it a try. Does take several weeks at times for deliveries.

Also a lot from Germany, but they cost more.

Bob

May 13th, 2017, 12:18 am #6

I can find B,C,D,E,F and G, didn't look exactly where they are from, more than likely China, but I usually get kits quicker from China than I do from the UK, think 4 days is my quickest, never have any problems with customs either, one reason I won't order from the US anymore.
Simon Barnes

May 13th, 2017, 1:34 am #7

I'm in Australia and I find things come here very quickly and much cheaper from China than they do from either the US or Europe, sometimes they even offer free shipping!
I've had no problems at all getting kits from there.
Shipping costs out of the US to here are through the roof!
Tim James
aka TJ
Styrene Manipulator.
Lover of heavy metal armour and shiny fast muscle cars.
"Slow progress is better than no progress"

May 13th, 2017, 1:35 am #8

I'm in the USA. Actually it seems that a few years ago many of them were going for cheap clearance prices, at least here in the states. Probably slow sells but I'm sure many wound up stocking up. Normal retail channels might be dry, but I'm sure you could find a deal if you really needed one.

May 13th, 2017, 10:57 am #9

Many thanks to all you lads for helping out, i have bought from China before so it looks like i will go down that route again.I still cannot understand why supplies here in the UK have dried up almost entirely.

May 13th, 2017, 11:01 am #10

There are a bunch of Stug F's on eBay but all are from China. Prices around $17.00 USD with postage. Not bad prices if you just have to have the kit. Here is a list.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... 59&_sop=15

I have purchase a lot of kits from China. Just pick a seller with 1000+ positive feedbacks and you should be good. My worst transaction from China is better than some of my USA purchases! And it was not the seller's fault. One package must have set in the rain for two days! The kit was shrink wrapped so only the shipping box got was ruined.

I'd give it a try. Does take several weeks at times for deliveries.

Also a lot from Germany, but they cost more.

Bob
Many thanks for your help Bob, just bought online what i needed. Even with postage these kits are a fraction cheaper than what i would pay online here in the UK.