Question regarding 2 panthers

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Question regarding 2 panthers

June 13th, 2017, 12:21 am #1

Hello,
There is a photo of two panther A's knocked out across from each other on the road to Tilly in Normandy. I can't locate the photo perhaps some of you have seen it? I have a friend who plans a diorama to show this set of panthers. WE have a question hat type of camo would these panthers have painted on them we don't really see any camo in the one black and white photo he found in a book. any help would be great. I and Danny thank you for any info. Cheers, Brock

June 13th, 2017, 1:08 pm #2

Are you sure you mean Tilly and a photo showing a pair of Panthers? Lingevres has a pair that are half-hidden in the shrubbery. There is a photo from the US sector in July of 2 Panthers very close together. A Google image search of 'Knocked out Panthers Normandy' will throw them up.

June 13th, 2017, 1:20 pm #3

Hello,
There is a photo of two panther A's knocked out across from each other on the road to Tilly in Normandy. I can't locate the photo perhaps some of you have seen it? I have a friend who plans a diorama to show this set of panthers. WE have a question hat type of camo would these panthers have painted on them we don't really see any camo in the one black and white photo he found in a book. any help would be great. I and Danny thank you for any info. Cheers, Brock
I seem to remember them being near Le Desert Or something like that?

June 14th, 2017, 1:09 am #4

Are you sure you mean Tilly and a photo showing a pair of Panthers? Lingevres has a pair that are half-hidden in the shrubbery. There is a photo from the US sector in July of 2 Panthers very close together. A Google image search of 'Knocked out Panthers Normandy' will throw them up.
Michael yes I believe those are them. any idea of camo? Thanks Brock and Danny

June 14th, 2017, 11:31 pm #5

Here is the phttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ndy.jpgoto any ideas on camo? Cheers, Brock

June 15th, 2017, 3:11 pm #6

June 15th, 2017, 3:12 pm #7

June 15th, 2017, 3:24 pm #8

You are letting the image address run into the following text, Just delete all after the final 'g' in jpg. It is a common error.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... rmandy.jpg
Last edited by Michael Kenny on June 15th, 2017, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 17th, 2017, 1:09 am #9

That's the photo. Any ideas on how those two were painted?