Question about M-7 Priest with Eduard PE parts

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Question about M-7 Priest with Eduard PE parts

April 28th, 2012, 7:38 am #1

Hi guys
A friend of mine asked me to built and improve his old Italeri M-7 Priest.
Since I'm not used to WW2 armor I'd like to know if is possible to use the Eduard PE parts designed for the Academy/Dragon kits, have you ever tryed this option??

Thans a lot
Gaetano

April 28th, 2012, 8:48 am #2

Why not get their set for the Italeri version - 35140
http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/M-7- ... ram=priest

Cheers,
Ken

April 28th, 2012, 11:06 am #3

....my friend already has a interiors set and something else for the exteriors designed for the Academy kit (....or Dragon?). I don't think he wants to buy an additional PE set, even if is specific for the Italeri kit.
Do you think I can use the PE he has or I must go on scratchbulding??

Ciao
Gaetano

April 28th, 2012, 2:22 pm #4

Hi guys
A friend of mine asked me to built and improve his old Italeri M-7 Priest.
Since I'm not used to WW2 armor I'd like to know if is possible to use the Eduard PE parts designed for the Academy/Dragon kits, have you ever tryed this option??

Thans a lot
Gaetano
I'v built all the priest models in the last few years but have not used the etched set you have. I have however used the one for the italeri kit. Not much etched wise needs to be done to this kit in my opinion, but the really useful parts are the two mesh bins on the rear deck stowage boxes, if there in the set then your good to go. I would guess that a lot of the smaller parts would fit on any of the kits. Another thing that springs to mind would be the headlamp guards are a different shape because the headlamps are in a different position. The things i would change most about the Italeri kit would be the wheels and tracks.
Regard's, Dave.

May 5th, 2012, 5:35 am #5

Thanks a lot for your inputs Dave n/t