Pzkfw.38(t) Russia 41

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Pzkfw.38(t) Russia 41

December 31st, 2011, 12:02 pm #1

after doing most late war diorama's the last past years I decided to do an early one for a change!

I have build an 38t during "Barbarrosa'and have used the following photo as inspiration:

[/IMG]

What I liked about this photo where the poses of the figures,specialy the 2 figures in one hatch.

For the figures in the turret I have used 2 tank figures and converted them with magic-sculp.
[/IMG]
The arms where first made with copperwire.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
The tracks are still to loose but they will be tighter once they are permanently fixed!

The crew is looking to a few russian civilians who can not do more then watch the invadors taken their country.
[/IMG]

Grandmother is from Mig and the other 2 figures are from Stalingrad.

comments are welcome!

I wish you all a very good 2012!

Roger

Last edited by rogerhm on January 1st, 2012, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2011, 12:56 pm #2

Hello Roger,

I like the original picture as well as the idea of the Russian family watching the tank.

What comes into my mind, when comparing the foto with your rendition is the different look of the sitting figure in front of the turret.
When looking at the photograph, the upper body is straight up and your figure is leaning outwards giving the impression that he has problems not to fall aside.
So, I would beef up the middle section of the body by filling with a little sheet of plastic in order to obtain the same body shape as the original.
Just my two Cents.
Nevertheless, your rendition is extremely close to the original and extremely professionallly build up.
Go ahead and show us the next steps.
Gert

December 31st, 2011, 1:28 pm #3

after doing most late war diorama's the last past years I decided to do an early one for a change!

I have build an 38t during "Barbarrosa'and have used the following photo as inspiration:

[/IMG]

What I liked about this photo where the poses of the figures,specialy the 2 figures in one hatch.

For the figures in the turret I have used 2 tank figures and converted them with magic-sculp.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
The tracks are still to loose but they will be tighter once they are permanently fixed!

The crew is looking to a few russian civilians who can not do more then watch the invadors taken their country.
[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
Hi Roger,

Its great to see a early war composition from top class autor.
The late war is for many modellers still favourite subject, and your vignette will be nice change ..
Cant wait for more progress

Best regards,
Jiri

December 31st, 2011, 2:51 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
Can't wait to see more pics.....love your work.

Bart

December 31st, 2011, 3:41 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
Hi Roger.

Really nice, relaxed, natural poses of the crew.

Civilians are cnvincing to.

Great job.

Ulf Andersson

December 31st, 2011, 4:05 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
Now that's a nice surprise, Roger....

love the crew's poses! Great work!

Happy new year
Sven

December 31st, 2011, 6:13 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
Keep us posted.
ANPW

December 31st, 2011, 6:15 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
cool work so far buddy!. its nice to work with something different than 3 ton camo and SS Camo thumbs up.

hope you have a good new years!.

Kent

December 31st, 2011, 8:27 pm #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
Love the conversion work on the figures, you make it look easy enough to try!

Cheers, Tracy

December 31st, 2011, 8:30 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

comments are welcome!

Roger
great, as always, Roger!
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/