Pz. III H Makes more Progress

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Pz. III H Makes more Progress

August 9th, 2012, 3:51 pm #1

Again, a huge shout out to all the other Tamiya GB posters - the work is getting just so good it's hard to believe this is not some huge international modeling show - wait, it kind of is My contribution continues to plod along, and since the last post it has gotten more detail paint (including the white "tire dressing" on the return rollers seen in early DAK photos), decaled, glossed with future and washed with the new AK Interactive DAK wash.

More vacation stuff going on - now we are sitting on two dogs on top of our own here, so apologies for the rushed shots, including an errant dog hair !

Here are some of the products used - Vallejo paints for the detail painting (not every color used is shown, but the major ones are here), Walther's Solvaset to set the decals into the paint (lets you decal right on the chemo coat by literally melting the carrier film into the paint) and the AK Interactive wash, which is super controllable and can be adjusted after it dries, letting you control the intensity and add streaking effects nicely.

Next it is on to a little AK Effects DAK Streaking and the dust effects - oh, and painting that figure

Please lob in any comments, still posting in real time, so suggestions are much appreciated

Best to all,

Konrad

August 9th, 2012, 4:40 pm #2

.. I agree 100% ... very nice modelling here lately!!!

And yours is one of the best examples!!!

Great!!!!!!!!!!!11

August 9th, 2012, 6:02 pm #3

Again, a huge shout out to all the other Tamiya GB posters - the work is getting just so good it's hard to believe this is not some huge international modeling show - wait, it kind of is My contribution continues to plod along, and since the last post it has gotten more detail paint (including the white "tire dressing" on the return rollers seen in early DAK photos), decaled, glossed with future and washed with the new AK Interactive DAK wash.

More vacation stuff going on - now we are sitting on two dogs on top of our own here, so apologies for the rushed shots, including an errant dog hair !

Here are some of the products used - Vallejo paints for the detail painting (not every color used is shown, but the major ones are here), Walther's Solvaset to set the decals into the paint (lets you decal right on the chemo coat by literally melting the carrier film into the paint) and the AK Interactive wash, which is super controllable and can be adjusted after it dries, letting you control the intensity and add streaking effects nicely.

Next it is on to a little AK Effects DAK Streaking and the dust effects - oh, and painting that figure

Please lob in any comments, still posting in real time, so suggestions are much appreciated

Best to all,

Konrad
which lens you used?

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

August 10th, 2012, 2:19 am #4

Best to all,

Konrad
G'day Konrad.
Are you sure this PZlll is in 1/48th scale? are you sure your not pulling our collective legs?
Seriously Man! this is just stunning,I just love the way this is all comming together.
Cheers Mate.
Alan.

August 10th, 2012, 10:05 am #5

Best to all,

Konrad
Hi Konrad, the model is turning out really well. I managed to find the photo you are basing your model on and I say you have its spot on

Dont know IF this is actual or just an optical illusion I am seeing but the very small number on the vehicle side in the first photo "seems" to have a small bit of carrier film showing.
Not 100% about it and I may be totally wrong but thought I might flag it just in case.

Carry on and enjoy the holidays

Best

Paul

August 10th, 2012, 10:47 am #6

Best to all,

Konrad
Konrad,

Brush painting will bring the model to life definitedly amigo. Go ahead without hesitation, amigo.

And keep us posted.
Lu

August 10th, 2012, 1:40 pm #7

Best to all,

Konrad
That´s enjoying summertime.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

August 10th, 2012, 7:48 pm #8

Best to all,

Konrad
Hello Konrad: enjoying your journey with this one very much. Always something interesting with the DAK colour. I've often wondered about the "DAK tree". Might you know whether it was a palm tree or pehaps a date tree? Cheers, Ralph.

August 11th, 2012, 9:27 am #9

Best to all,

Konrad
Great strides.

August 13th, 2012, 4:44 pm #10

HI Konrad
Not much to say but looks great.
Andrew