Pz III 6Komp. IIBat. Pz. Reg.3 2. Pz. Div. Autumn 1941 Russia

May 21st, 2017, 9:12 pm #1

Hello Guys,

Like to present to you my PzIII for an upcomming dio!
It's the Dragon PzIII Ausf.J initial production kit almost built oob. (even used the links!)
As I wanted to show almost all of the hatches open I decided to put some rundimetary interior into it, being only the drive line from cmk and the rest from scratch. Not that accurate, (but still!) as most of it can't be seen anyway, but if someone would look through the hatches something (reconizeable) is in there! The big wooden (enginedeck) box is also scratch, a typical item used on these tanks.
Painted it up with my usual approach with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with my own Humbrol filters and oils. The dryed mud is a mix of acrylics with dirt from the garden.

Soon it will be placed on the dio, thats why some of the roadwheels are 'floating'!

A taste (picture!) from home!

And Schatzi drives along with us!(on the gun cradle...)

WIP interior

Dio is coming along soon!
(edit; and yes, looking at the pics I have to do a couple of touchups )

E
Last edited by ErikGideonse on May 24th, 2017, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beautiful work!

May 21st, 2017, 10:00 pm #2

Great job of detailing and weathering, Erik. I'm working on the same kit, same unit. Basic paint is done and I'm about to cut the pieces for the big storage box. You've done a great job of representing 623 as shown in that photo (which is new to me), and I really like the beautiful job you've done with the camo shelter half hanging out of the turret bin and your scratchbuilt interior parts. My own effort won't be nearly so ambitious (or impressive) as yours, but you've inspired me to reach a little farther than I planned to. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed dio.

Very nicely done...

May 21st, 2017, 10:24 pm #3

Hello Guys,

It's the Dragon PzIII Ausf.J initial production kit almost built oob. (even used the links!)
As I wanted to show almost all of the hatches open I decided to put some rundimetary interior into it, being only the drive line from cmk and the rest from scratch. Not that accurate, (but still!) as most of it can't be seen anyway, but if someone would look through the hatches something (reconizeable) is in there! The big wooden (enginedeck) box is also scratch, a typical item used on these tanks.
Painted it up with my usual approach with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with my own Humbrol filters and oils. The dryed mud is a mix of acrylics with dirt from the garden.

Soon it will be placed on the dio, thats why some of the roadwheels are 'floating'!

WIP interior

E
Hi Erik, fabulous finish and paint job, the staining and weathering and all the minor details are great to look at. Mission accomplished !

Great Work

May 21st, 2017, 11:51 pm #4

Hello Guys,

WIP interior

E
The build, paint & weathering are all outstanding. Looking forward to your dio.

This is a good work

May 22nd, 2017, 10:18 am #5

Hello Guys,

WIP interior

E
You have done a good paint job and the damage looks realistic.

Achim

Great job

May 22nd, 2017, 12:04 pm #6

Hello Guys,

WIP interior

E
Beautiful piece Erik, that first pic had me fooled for a few long seconds! This model is very realistic looking IMHO. I especially love the personal touch of the photograph from home in the cupola. Looking forward to see the dio!

Magnificent!

May 22nd, 2017, 12:49 pm #7

Hello Guys,

WIP interior

E
So realistic in every aspect - love the interior work! How did you get or make the photos of the women?

That photo

May 22nd, 2017, 6:07 pm #8

Great job of detailing and weathering, Erik. I'm working on the same kit, same unit. Basic paint is done and I'm about to cut the pieces for the big storage box. You've done a great job of representing 623 as shown in that photo (which is new to me), and I really like the beautiful job you've done with the camo shelter half hanging out of the turret bin and your scratchbuilt interior parts. My own effort won't be nearly so ambitious (or impressive) as yours, but you've inspired me to reach a little farther than I planned to. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed dio.
I rather think it is just an extremely well done picture of the finished kit itself

G

Re: Magnificent!

May 22nd, 2017, 10:57 pm #9

So realistic in every aspect - love the interior work! How did you get or make the photos of the women?
Superb job on the weathering. A realistic layer over a convincing dark grey base coat. The B&W photo sets the scene
One thought on the markings though. We're the kompanie colours not the same for rhombus and dragon emblem?

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/emblems/2pzdunknown.htm

Sorry if this source is to late for you
Craig (8wheels-good)
Craig (8wheels-good)
https://www.facebook.com/8wheelsgoodPzIVarchive/
http://8wheels-good.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.blurb.co.uk/user/store/8wheels-good

Thanks Greg...

May 23rd, 2017, 1:47 pm #10

for the nice words.
Guess I fooled you with the photo as I always like to do a bit photoshopping to look like as it is a real pic
Looking forward to your Pz III

Cheers E