Pz 38t ausf. G interior colors

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Pz 38t ausf. G interior colors

March 31st, 2009, 5:22 pm #1

Hello All,
I can't remember if I have asked before but I would like to know what the interior colors of the Pz 38t ausf. G would be. I believe that the fighting compartment would be elfbein but it is the engine area that I am unsure about. Would it too be elfbein or a red oxide primer color? I appreciate any info anyone could lend in this area!

Best Wishes,
Walter

March 31st, 2009, 7:42 pm #2

Hi Walter

this link should answer your question.

http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/index.html

Regards
Andrew

March 31st, 2009, 7:50 pm #3

These tanks were manufactured in Czechoslovakia, and originally designed outside of the German tank industry framework. So I don't know about them.

David

March 31st, 2009, 7:57 pm #4

Hello All,
I can't remember if I have asked before but I would like to know what the interior colors of the Pz 38t ausf. G would be. I believe that the fighting compartment would be elfbein but it is the engine area that I am unsure about. Would it too be elfbein or a red oxide primer color? I appreciate any info anyone could lend in this area!

Best Wishes,
Walter
Hi Walter,

Although Andrew is right about David Byrden's site being the best reference for German interior colours. The 38(t) was a Czech vehicle and I believe that the Czechs carried on using their own colours.

I spoke to the owner and restorer of this vehicle at the War and Peace show last year:
[/IMG]
The vehicle was dug up in Hungary and was overall dark yellow on top of the Grey. The numbers were visible under the paint, so he restored it to the colour and markings under the yellow paint.
The interior was "white, off white" I asked if he would describe it as ivory and he said no, also he is restoring a Marder 3M which also has a white interior. He couldn't say what colour the inside of the engine bay hatches were because they were too rusty. The tools were original spares which were packaged and marked Pz 38(t) all wood work was green and all metal work black.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Mike

Please remove xxx from my email address.