PVA - white glue - recommendations needed

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

PVA - white glue - recommendations needed

June 24th, 2012, 1:38 pm #1

Hi Guys

I need a white/ PVA glue that does not leave a sheen after it has dried.

If I remember correctly, some here said Woodlands scenic was the best white glue.

I am useing it watered down to apply some gound glass ( microscope slide slips ) on a broken building / rubble diorama. Also want use it to add some spent/fired rifle ammo cartridges.

The rubble and building have all been painted, so I don't want to leave any sheen once the glue has dried.

I live in England GB

All help welcome.

Thanks in advance

andrew

June 24th, 2012, 1:58 pm #2

Glue used to fix tires may work.
Afterwards secure all te rubble you can use a fixative.

June 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm #3

Hi Guys

If I remember correctly, some here said Woodlands scenic was the best white glue.

I am useing it watered down to apply some gound glass ( microscope slide slips ) on a broken building / rubble diorama. Also want use it to add some spent/fired rifle ammo cartridges.

The rubble and building have all been painted, so I don't want to leave any sheen once the glue has dried.

I live in England GB

All help welcome.

Thanks in advance

andrew

Here in the US we have Micromark where we can mail order. If you can't go to them then see a local jeweler an ask for help getting some watch crystal adhesive. It's the best thing for attaching anything clear.

July 4th, 2012, 8:18 pm #5

Hi
May be worth it - you could eat at the same time

Cheers
Andrew

August 17th, 2012, 4:36 am #6

Hi Guys

I live in England GB

All help welcome.

Thanks in advance

andrew

Try to use Mig Acrilyc resin - P032. It is a highly qualitative product.