PSC M4A1 76mm Sherman

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

PSC M4A1 76mm Sherman

May 10th, 2012, 1:53 pm #1

These were posted in The Guild and, after getting the proper authorization , I though there could be an interest here even though these are aimed at the wargamer:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The response I got to my comment about the joint between parts was that it was easily fixed with a dab of green stuff and therefore are not deep as it appears on the photo.

They do have the M5 Stuart family and M3 HT in queue!!!

Cunha

Replace .arroba. by the at symbol

May 10th, 2012, 2:20 pm #2

How do I get the M5?

May 10th, 2012, 2:20 pm #3

These were posted in The Guild and, after getting the proper authorization , I though there could be an interest here even though these are aimed at the wargamer:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The response I got to my comment about the joint between parts was that it was easily fixed with a dab of green stuff and therefore are not deep as it appears on the photo.

Cunha

the curve around the commander's cupola isn't right, the top of the hull should be much closer and curve more abruptly, and the size and placement of the pistol port is wrong, too big, too far forward. Think the commander's hatch is way too big too.
Like the way they do the tracks though.
Simplified would make an OK starting point, but the shapes have to be there, and they don't seem to be on this.
An M5 would be nice, if the hull at least is accurate, then could use Mirage bits to detail.

May 10th, 2012, 4:16 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cunha

Their website, showing release planhttp://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/i ... 98731091b8
Last edited by abunney on May 10th, 2012, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2012, 5:09 pm #5

I build 1/72, 1/76, and 1/87 scale.
What exactly (Spell this out for me like a 3 yr old)
"Is" 15mm, 20mm, and 25mm?
I ask this be because I have had people tell me,
" I like your models but I only do 15mm and 20mm".
TIA
Ken

May 10th, 2012, 6:30 pm #6

xxmm can mean xxmm total length or foot too eye most of the time foot too eye.
that makes 20mm total length 1/76 but foot too eye 1/72.
wen you get into 28mm gaming it a real mess where there is also 28mm hero scale that works out in 32mm or more.

for me I only use xxmm in fantasy and not in historical figure sculpting as the average length of humans are different over time and place, 23mm modern dutch guys is fine but much to tall for a samurai figure.

Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.com/
Greetings Patrick Mondria
for some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.nl/

May 10th, 2012, 7:20 pm #7

what??????????............................n/t

May 10th, 2012, 8:18 pm #8

XXmm have nothing to do with tank scales its the height of a figures that is measured 2 ways either from bottom of the foot too eye level or total length from foot too top of the head. Why this crummy way that has to do with fantasy figures that can have big horn and crests on there helmets thats way its measured too eye level as that is always constant.
now a figure 20mm total length is around 1/76 wen a 20mm foot to eye is around 1/72 total length of a figure like this would be 22-24mm
overall forget about whatever mm and stick with real scales.

Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.com/
Greetings Patrick Mondria
for some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.nl/

May 10th, 2012, 8:36 pm #9

........that my models are in scale for 20mm?

May 10th, 2012, 9:13 pm #10

Are mostly just an excuse for the products not actually being to a constant scale (in my opinion)!

In theory 20mm is 1/76 scale, but 20mm figures & especially their weapons look fairly chunky compared to 1/76 or even 1/72.

25mm was the classic wargaming scale (approx 1/64 IIRC), but certain manufacturers (GW) began to make their figures bigger & bigger (& spikier) with giant prices to match.....Thus was born the ghastliness that is 28mm.

15mm are about 1/100 IIRC.....Don't quote me on this one as I don't use them.

HTH & All the best
Andy S.
Last edited by Sgt.Squarehead on May 10th, 2012, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Smith
Worcester, UK
обезьяны собираются к звездам