PSC 25 pders & quads sprue shots

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

PSC 25 pders & quads sprue shots

January 8th, 2017, 8:16 am #1

Hi All, I put my money down once PSC said they where using Kickstarter to get Morris & CMP quads
(they where aiming for a Sexton but not sure on whats happen with that now)
the full Morris quad sprue

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

they are on the large side, the NA crews are nice but the NWE crews have oversized helmets

The biggest improvement will be etch grills

Cheers Elliott

January 8th, 2017, 9:20 am #2

Thank you for sharing, Elliot !!
Well, as you say, the grill need to be improved, and I hoppe that the photoedged parts for IBG CMP 15 will fit for the Chevrolet Quad....
It will be an other story to find something for the Morris, which is always the "poor Uncle" which nobody is thinking about...
(the old Esci Chevrolet CMP FAT Cab 12 is always saled as "Morris quad" since years....)...
Some work also to make something with th e"inside" of the trucks, but there is no "surprise", these items are for fast built and it's lacking details...
But what I'm seeing is not really "horrible"
It seems that just two wheels are missing to make two guns, isn't it ?
So, I'm really enjoy that you have received your "gift" !!
I'm waiting for mine and I hoppe it will be soon in France !!
After all, there is "only" the Channel to cross to reach "ma Normandie" !!...
once again, thank you very much !!
Pascal

January 8th, 2017, 9:40 am #3

Hi All, I put my money down once PSC said they where using Kickstarter to get Morris & CMP quads

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

they are on the large side, the NA crews are nice but the NWE crews have oversized helmets

Cheers Elliott
Thanks! Also here, QB with many possibilities if you want to....
Regards,
Peter van Kempen.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum.

January 8th, 2017, 1:56 pm #4

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
I've also just received the CMP 15cwt's and was rather disappointed with the wheels, as they lack the centre hubs. This is a little strange, as a recent Facebook posting of painted 15mm and 1/72 models had the hubs visible on the little one.

January 8th, 2017, 2:30 pm #5

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
I'm with Pascal- As long as the dimensions and the wheels are good, the rest modellers can add, whichever way they wish.

Those wheels are way better than the IBG ones!

I like that you can do different versions of the 25pdr, shame there is only one version of the limber, and only enough wheels for one example, but even so...
What happens when you press this bu...........

January 8th, 2017, 2:56 pm #6

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
I backed their Kickstarter campaign and haven't received any kits yet!!! I have messaged PSC as they now have them for sale on their website!! I'm not a happy chappie!!

January 8th, 2017, 3:48 pm #7

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
...be in the box when it arrives. I haven't got mine yet either but am guessing those to North America are taking a little longer?? Will probably send an e-mail later this week if the Postie doesn't bring anything exciting!?!?
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

January 8th, 2017, 4:24 pm #8

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
Not very inspiring sight indeed, but for the wargamers they will work. However, the kit(s) definitely have a value as starting points for decent models, IMHO.
As mentioned above, the radiator grilles must be totally reworked. I hope the good old Airfix Quad kit of 1963 vintage (!) could be of help here and its radiator (part 13 of the kit) will fit the PCS plastic with minor adjustments.
While on Morris C8, I think it isn't correct to offer a choice of early and late roofs and sides for Mk. II body only.
If the grilles must be changed anyway, IMHO it also would be better to put Ford grille on the CMP. The axles as represented aren't Chevrolet definitely (in that matter, they aren't Ford axles too but much closer to them). Regretfully the axles are well visible on those Canadiin Quads, the front one in particular. Of course you can use those readily available PE sets for IBG cab 13 Chevrolet kits but you must look around for some proper banjo axles too. That's why I think the choice of Ford would be the easier solution here.
The wheels don't look that bad from the side and are way ahead of those IBG crude parts, but let me see their tread first.
Talking about the guns, I think the old Esci/Italeri 25pdr is still the best around. But for the wargamers piece the PCT ones aren't bad.
Cheers!

January 8th, 2017, 5:25 pm #9

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
maybe some resin also, calling MR. Taylor.
thanks for posting, looks like you get alot for your money.

January 8th, 2017, 6:08 pm #10

wheels & grills

CMP quad sprue

Drivers

The CMP truck

25pder/18pder & pheasant

Crew

Cheers Elliott
Just looking at the "Quad" sprue and it looks like a bit of muddled research has crept in here. No drivers side windows which will make it a MK1 BUT it has the open canvas roof of a MK3.These are the obvious details at first glance but do affect which vehicle you are doing.On the MK 1 Quads they at least had a side window on the drivers side and this is missing on the kit.Beautifully moulded with bags of potential but why do the manufacturers (and PSC are not alone on this) not ask for help with research.I am certain the guys on this forum would gladly give it freely.I am hoping to get a "sprue" in the near future to look more closely.