Problem with smaller wheel holes stuck on wider axles...

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Problem with smaller wheel holes stuck on wider axles...

November 5th, 2016, 7:38 am #1

Hi
I sort of gave up on my Dragon SU 100 as I'd put spare Macquette webbed wheels on to be different. The blasted things are now jammed on. Anyone know how to remove them as they're not fully on or off?! The Dragon axles are just too wide, darn it...

Cheers
Andrew
Last edited by AndrewTomlinson on November 5th, 2016, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2016, 9:59 am #2

This should relieve tension and allow the wheel to come lose.
Last edited by Retiredyank on November 5th, 2016, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2016, 2:31 pm #3

Hi
A big T34 wheel akle should be ok for that.

Cheers
Andrew

November 23rd, 2016, 2:18 am #4

Hi
I sort of gave up on my Dragon SU 100 as I'd put spare Macquette webbed wheels on to be different. The blasted things are now jammed on. Anyone know how to remove them as they're not fully on or off?! The Dragon axles are just too wide, darn it...

Cheers
Andrew
Cut them flush off the axles drill a hole in the center of the wheel and the center of the axle and just pin them on with metal rod, straight pin, whatever. Or you can just glue them together but they won't be as strong. You can use a disk of plastic between them if too much plastic has been cut away.

Owen

November 29th, 2016, 10:39 pm #5

they're annoyingly close but not close enough - standing off by 1.5mm !

Cheers
Andrew

November 29th, 2016, 10:39 pm #6

Cut them flush off the axles drill a hole in the center of the wheel and the center of the axle and just pin them on with metal rod, straight pin, whatever. Or you can just glue them together but they won't be as strong. You can use a disk of plastic between them if too much plastic has been cut away.

Owen
they're annoyingly close but not close enough - standing off by 1.5mm !

Cheers
Andrew

December 4th, 2016, 9:34 am #7

Hi

Cheers
Andrew
n/t