Posts being deleted

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Posts being deleted

Phil Fisher
Phil Fisher

December 29th, 2001, 3:55 am #1

I'm new to this forum. I'm an avid diorama builder so I was happy when I found it. I posted my first couple of posts a day or two ago, I come back and they're both gone? They were on topic and everything. Why were they deleted? Imagine how welcome this makes me feel. Is this a technical problem or is this one of those oh so precious "we don't like anyone new" type of forums?

Greg h
Greg h

December 29th, 2001, 4:36 am #2

Phil,

Did you follow da rules? Not trying to be a smart-a$$.

"Message Posting Guidelines

1- Use a full name and valid email address

2- Keep message on topic. No political ranting of any kind will be tolerated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

3- Copyright issues: You may include a single photograph or paragraph from a published text in your messages if you give proper credit to the owner. This is covered under the "Fair Use" clause which protects such reproduction for "research/educational" purposes. Whole image collections, chapters from published texts etc is not permitted without expressed consent from the authors/owners and is in violation of international copyright laws.

ANY DEVIATION OF THE ABOVE WILL BE DEALT WITH ZERO TOLERANCE AT THE DISCRETION OF THIS WEBSITE'S ADMINISTRATION."

Happy holidays!
Greg Harting
pyrmanNO@SPAMaol.com

Phil Fisher
Phil Fisher

December 29th, 2001, 8:07 am #3

Hi. I was on topic and only asked a couple of questions so no copyright issue there. I don't think I included my email address though. It does say email optional on the post screen, but from now on I will follow the rules to the letter. I do think that's a bit harsh though...just to delete someone's posts for something like that. It's not like I was being abusive or spamming. Didn't make me feel particularly welcome, but oh well.
Thanks for your response.

Phil

Frank Michaels
Frank Michaels

December 29th, 2001, 1:57 pm #4

I'm new to this forum. I'm an avid diorama builder so I was happy when I found it. I posted my first couple of posts a day or two ago, I come back and they're both gone? They were on topic and everything. Why were they deleted? Imagine how welcome this makes me feel. Is this a technical problem or is this one of those oh so precious "we don't like anyone new" type of forums?
I have had stuff deleted...just hang with...follow the rules and all is well...its an excellent site...no spam..no advertisements to clutter things up...nice people...and great information....

Ed Gilbert
Ed Gilbert

December 29th, 2001, 3:02 pm #5

Not a thing against anybody personally (obviously), but I very much like the requirement to add a valid reply address. It weeds out most of the pathological types who think a VDT in a dark room grants them anonymity.

I once had a neighbor who lived two houses down at the end of a dead-end street. A real Caspar Milquetoast, once behind the wheel of his car he became The Toxic Avenger. He would get on your bumper, blow his horn and flash his lights, and make feints around you, trying to do fifty down a dead end street filled with small kids, as if you did not know who he was!

Unfortunately the internet is made for such people, but you cannot stop your car in the middle of the street and have a little "chat" about reality with them.

Thanks, moderators, for staying alert.